Betta Fish Forum banner

Why? Because apparently, I'm crazy.

7K views 107 replies 21 participants last post by  Skyewillow 
#1 ·
I put my bid in on this gal last night. When the transshipper called me and was asking me about the fish I bid on, she knew her for "the worst head she's ever seen", and when I told her that I wasn't buying her to breed (because I know better), the relief in her voice was very obvious.

Yup, before I bid, I knew her head was horrible, but I think it'd be such a waste if someone were to cull her just for being "ugly". She's pretty in an odd way, and my home is always open to the "oddballs". That's what my fiance said when I told him that I wanted her, and why.

I'm hoping that everyone realizes what she is and doesn't outbid me, but here's the girl I'm hoping comes home to us. Mike and I want to call her SpoonMelon. I also had the ideas of Dipper or Ladle. Syriiven suggested MoonMelon. All really good and suitable names. I'd just have to pick one.

Her auction ends noon on thurs, if we win, she'll be here by the following thursday. Wish me luck! (Although I probably won't need it)

See less See more
#3 ·
Same here, Syriiven pointed her out to me the other night, and I couldn't stop thinking about her for about 2 days before I started bugging my fiance.

#6 ·
I think she is beautiful! maybe not a classic beauty... but definitely a unique beauty!

#9 ·
watch who you are calling "us" XD

#26 ·
bwahaha!!!
(for those who didn't know, Corsica was referring to an Arabian Horse)

^The resemblance is uncanny. LOL

(image of Arabian horse was originally from Here, I just cropped it.)

#28 ·
I've been giggling like a lunatic for like the last..... hour. Between dingleberry fish, ninja skillz, fat trapdoor snails, and this thread, I think Mike's going to drop me off at the looney bin till noon-thirty tomorrow! XD

Also, you would be amazed how hard it was to find a matching horse!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.