Betta Fish Forum banner

Copepods Infestation in tank!

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  bettamaniac 
#1 · (Edited)
After making a post on the forum here and someone kindly linked me to a site to help me identify what the heck was in my tank I discovered I have copepods lots and lots of copepods. There has to be someway to get rid of them....right? Please tell me theres a way..:lol:

even my sister came over today...looked in my tank and went D: OMG what is in your tank!!?!

There is that many of them...yep...I did a little bit of a search in google, but most places I read people saying they're a good sign and it's cheap food for the fish....but...my fish wont eat them!

How can I get rid of these?Should I take my fish out of the tank? He doesn't seem to mind them being there in his tank, infact...he has made the biggest bubble nest I have ever seen.:lol:

The only things I recently changed in my tank: I switch my gravel to sand, I got a mystery snail, and I got some more anacharis.
:-?

they look just like this...but whiiite.

http://centexnaturalist.com/foldermainmenus/sfaquaticinvertebrates/foldercopepods/cope01.html

See less See more
#3 ·
Good point!:lol: I have yet to see him eat any of them though...but they are real small! unfortunately theres just sooo many of them!:lol:

Has anyone ever had a problem with these before?Has anyone ever successfully gotten rid of them?:lol::-?

I did a 80% water change earlier today and it didn't seem to effect the copepods, theyre still heavily populating my tank.:lol:

#6 ·
Oh ok, got'cha. I see how that would be difficult. If you took your betta out and turned off the filter for a while then stirred the sand up and try to get some of the little buggers out of there, at least you might have it a BIT more under control. Just a thought, I don't have sand so Im really not much help here. Anyways, I hope you can work it out!

#9 ·
Buy some ghost shrimp! A hungry ghost shrimp will probably eat a copepod, problem solved! I like the look of them so I would leave. They are actually a good sign, and are probably good in your aquarium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.