Betta Fish Forum banner

Almost ended up with more

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
So I was doing some christmas shopping today at a large mall near my appartment (Sherway Gardens) and stopped in at PJ's Pets, the LPS in the mall. It made me wish I had my 10 gallon set up and divided...

Right at the front of the shelf they had two gorgeous Betta, One was a Cello veil tail that looked really sick and the bottom of his cup was full of dirt. They also had a what looked like a completely silver metalic half moon that looked super healthy even though his cup was in the same condition as the cello's. There were a few other nice ones but those two stuck with me.

And the guy was telling another customer he just got them in today. Poor fish. I'm tempted to get out my 1 gallon and set it up again so I can rescue one of the two but I can't afford another heater and my 10 gallon is with my parents 6 hours away.

#2 ·
Awwww they sound lovely!! Its too bad you dont have room, I try really hard not to look at the bettas when I go and get dog or cat food, but of course I look every time, and always want to bring them all home!

#3 ·
I also try not to look at bettas. since I have gotten Ickis I have only looked twice, and once was at walmart and I will never look there again unless I can have another one.

hopefully someone will take those little guys.

#5 ·
I know what you're feeling. For me, this was with healthy fish, though. I'm sure most people know the urge to buy many fish. Last week I went to my LFS and saw a beautiful marbled copper Double tail and a blue and red dragon rosetail. It was really hard to leave them )= I feel sorry for those beautiful Bettas you saw that are going to die soon unless saved. I bet they had been there more than just 1 day.

#6 ·
Oh I garauntee they were just judging by the amount of stuff in the bottom of the cup.

The worst part for me was that they were perched percariously on the edge of a tank right where everyone was walking by (squeezed by more like it). It would take nothing for someone to accidently knock them over.

After finding those gorgeous boys I described I kept looking (I went there to see what live plant stock they had) and found more bettas tucked in a dark almost pitch black corner. I could only make out the shapes, I couldn't see any colors.

All the other fish and pets they had looked in really good shape and their prices were reasonable. It was the Bettas and goldies who were being horribly abused.

#7 ·
I have no problem with petstores...I embrace the addiction hehe..........aquabid however is gonna be the death of me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.