Betta Fish Forum banner

please help! my betta is going!

295 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Chester41585 
#1 ·
I've been out of town for one day and I come home to find this. His body has spots of different, light yellow colors, he doesn't swim, he sits vertically or floats vertically. I have no idea what is happening. Please help?!?

#4 ·
Sorry about your loss, it looks like "graphite disease" or myco-however-it is spelled, there really is not much one can do about it it acts so so fast, even if you have the right meds on hand and catch it the second you notice it, it is usually to late and chances are really slim to treat it, You will need to do a big time clean up on your tank it can spread easily from using nets and so on.

#7 ·
Don't use anything in or around his tank that has been cross-contaminated. This includes nets, cleaning tools, decor, siphons, cups, buckets, etc.

Get new stuff if necessary--do a good water change while vacuuming the substrate thoroughly.

I'll let the medications experts give you advice on your next step--he's going to need some kind of antibiotics, most likely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.