Betta Fish Forum banner

He didn't make it :(

878 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Silverfang 
#1 ·
Came home from running some errands and Bait was lifeless at the bottom of his bowl :( He was doing good too, he even ate 2 worms this morning for me. :(

It is going to be weird not cleaning out his bowl tonight...it's only been a few days but got to be part of the routine...

At least he is in a better place.

Darn Petco, for doing that to so many innocent fish :(

#6 ·
Thank you all so much for your guidance!!!!!

I will be going back tomorrow for my refund...he had a 30 day guarantee...whi are they kidding???

The plan is to get my daughter some guppies and maybe a few ghost shrimp for her 10 gallon....but don't be surprised if I am back here asking for advice on yet another pathetic Betta, LOL!

When I was there picking up Bait there were a LOT of King Bettas near death...how different are the requirements of those compared to "regular" bettas??

#8 ·
That Petco shouldn't keep bettas if so many are near death. I mean ethically it's just wrong but it's bad business too, to get in stock that you can't sell 'cause it's DEAD!

I'm so sorry, Bait was a little fighter and he tried hard. But at least he had the comfort of knowing someone out there cared for him a lot.

#9 ·
Aw im so sorry to hear this. But you did awesome and you sacrificed so much for a little guy you hardly got to know. Maybe he was doing well to show off to you because you made him a happy fish, but the damage had been done. Seriously though, great job, it warms the heart having stories like these :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.