Betta Fish Forum banner

My betta is blind??!!! Help please!! :((

988 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  ktbrew 
#1 ·
Hi
I had my betta for past 2 years.

I had it in a 3 gallon tank, with filter. There is no heater in tank. I always use tap water, but add few drops of betta-fix to it whenever I change water.

It eats like a pig....and would eat up all the pellets real quick whenever I feed her.

But for past 3-4 days I noted that it was not eating well.

I placed it in a small bowl today, and closely watched her for hours. It won't eat. But most surprisingly it won't react when I tried to touch her with my hand. Even wont flare up when I put a mirror in front of her !

What's wrong with her?
Is she getting/become blind??? :(

I am so sad and miserable!! :((

Plz guide me what to do!
Thanks
:((

See less See more
#3 ·
I had it happen to one of my females, it was so sad. Quarantine her if she's with any other fish and make sure not to change where her heater and any decorations are located because that's how she will know her surroundings. She may have some type of internal infection if you don't see anything on the outside. Do daily water changes with AQ salt. 1/2tsp per gallon. If she doesn't eat the food, make sure to suck it out of her tank right away to keep her water clean.

#5 ·
Sadly she didn't. She was quarantined for about 2 weeks before she passed away. I believe she had columnaris and I didn't have the correct medications available at the pet stores where I live. Ive read that antibiotics furan-2 and kanamycin administered together can help. It's very difficult when there are no outside indications as to what is wrong! Mine did have a small pink sore on her side by her gills. It went away but her illness did not. :(

#9 ·
Go down to Go Advanced, next to Post Quick Reply select the paperclip icon and upload your pic from your selected file.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.