Betta Fish Forum banner

Sick/Depressed Baby Betta

991 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Rigio 
#1 ·
I've had my baby betta for maybe 2 weeks now and she's started acting really depressed. I'm thinking this is because my Mom got 3 small tetras her size to put in the tank. We took the tetras out and moved them into another tank, but she's still hiding and laying about the bottom of the tank.

#4 ·
Hello, my betta fish, Shark bait was depressed at one point and throughout my research I discovered that its best to move/replace their plants/rocks/decorations every so often to prevent depression/boredom. Changing their surroundings outside the tank apparently works also. I've also read betta fish like to 'people' watch so if possible place them somewhere they can observe people.

This was solved with me by purchasing a 10g fish tank which I've since put fake and real plants 2 large rocks I've angled to make a cavern and a resting perch. Shark bait now swims around actively and what appears to be happy, however slightly ill (unrelated ) - working on solving this.

#5 ·
I've also read betta fish like to 'people' watch so if possible place them somewhere they can observe people.
I can short of, confirm this. My own seems to be very interested in our doings every day. Every time someone passes within sight range of the tank he gets to the side with the best view and observes. Also each time i take a nap on the couch near the tank he comes to the side of the couch and he watches me napping. Same when my ma wathces tv on said couch. Though he tends to ignore her for no particular reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.