Betta Fish Forum banner

Super Excited.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
So, today I finally braught up to my mom that I want to take on the challege to breed bettas. At first she was like... "What...?" I guess since I breed mini pins, she never thought I'd want to breed bettas too. So, after the OMG moment, my Mom nodded & said alright. And about.. 2 hours ago I asked my mom if we could take the 3 hours drive up to MI from IL to go to the IBC betta auctions on April 30th. She said she'll gladly drive me if she doesn't have to work!

And it'll be a saturday, so my chances are pretty high. I'm so excited, I can't believe she said she'd do it. So I've marked it on her calender & put about $20 in singles into my savings box. I can only hope I find my dream betta there. Even if I only start off with pets, I'd really like to own a betta. I plan on either having the tanks set up by then, or buying them the day before or of.

I'm mainly hopeing for a HM dragon or HMDT. <3, aw.. Life is good.

Sorry for babling, just wanted to share ~

#3 ·
I know right? I'm just going to try to hold myself back unless I see the betta I like HAVE to have. Like I said above I'd like a HM dragon or HMDT, really hopeing to find something with a marble pattern too.

What colors are rare or rare-ish in bettas? I know Orange is one.

Another thing, for CT, what do people mean by "My water is too hard for them." ? I don't understand that, someone please explain :3.

#4 ·
When CTs are put in hard water, their rays on their fins curl up, nothing serious. Also, you are LUCKY! I can't even got to my local PetCo without getting an A on a hard test ore getting a good report card. :< Please take pictures. D:
Oh, and if you see an orange Betta, snatch him up, orange ones are hard to come by.

#5 ·
Oh, that's what harrd water is.. Okay.

And I know I am! I just can't believe she said she'd do it <.<... I fer sure thought I'd have to beg my sister in law or something.. And dude, that sucks D:! Thank God my parents aren't like that ;~;...

I'll try to take as many as I can :3. And yeah, those were my thoughts too. Someone here was saying they had passed up an orange CT but their gonna try to get him this Friday (tomarrow) I wish them the best of luck. Sounds soooooo pretty.

I'm so happy, my first ever Betta Show <3. Or Fish Show. I've only been to a Bird Show once, but that was so diffrent.. I really wanted this medium sized bird that was soild red with yellow mixing in (the yellow was strips on her wings and a pattern on her chest). She was so pretty and so sweet, but she cost like $500-$1500 or something. She stole my heart, who ever got her is a lucky bum :3.

Oh and thanks for explaining about the hard water thing :3.

#6 ·
I wanted to ask really quick about body types on bettas. I've noticed some of you post pics of "eggy" females, but are some of the females just shaped like that? Like with a bulge in the upper front area of her body? And are there just any signs of an unhealthy female? Or is it the same for males & females when it comes to signs of health and unhealth?

And can anyone tell me anymore rare colors in bettas besides orange? Thanks.

#7 ·
Asking the same question as above but I also wanted to ask how much should be my limit on a betta?

I was thinking like $40 maybe $45 on One fish. But if it's a pair, maybe $60? It'll all depend on quality of the betta, color, finnage and such. But what do you guys think should be my limit? On one fish (Male) and one fish (female), on a pair of male/female, pair of male/male, and pair of female/female? I kind of have my idea, but I want your opinions :3.

Also, how much money over all do you think I should bring to the show? Thanks Guys. :3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.