Betta Fish Forum banner

"Isabella Issy" and "Sparkles Red Captain Hook"

5K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Appropriately named by my four year old...

#5 ·
Thank you. I love them both dearly. Issy was my daughter's pick. And Sparkles was mine :) Fell in love at Petco... who knew??
Is it bad that I am thinking of maybe getting another one? Boy these fish are addictive...

#9 ·
I remember this other one I saw... grey with white edges to his fins. I am already thinking of housing arrangements. Issy is in this 2 gal cookie container from Costco. Great organic animal crackers and cheap living quarters for Issy! It looks like a cube and it also has a lid! Holes in the lid of course...

And it just so happened that I bought another cookie jar lol :) My poor husband must think I'm crazy. I'll wait a few weeks though. Have to make sure Sparkles is OK in his tank.

#10 ·
I remember this other one I saw... grey with white edges to his fins. I am already thinking of housing arrangements. Issy is in this 2 gal cookie container from Costco. Great organic animal crackers and cheap living quarters for Issy! It looks like a cube and it also has a lid! Holes in the lid of course...

And it just so happened that I bought another cookie jar lol :) My poor husband must think I'm crazy. I'll wait a few weeks though. Have to make sure Sparkles is OK in his tank.
The one you saw was a grey BF (ButterFly), it's a really cool pattern. Sparkles shows the BF pattern.

BTW both of your fish are awesome!!!

I'm a breeder, so I took my addiction to extrmemes ;P

#11 ·
Beautiful bettas!

#13 ·
wow gorgeous little guys! lol the betta addiction is pretty crazy, i'm constantly looking for ANYTHING we have in our house that is good to house a betta in, just so i can get another, hehe. my mom bought a huuuge jar of pickles recently, and she doesn't know that i'm secretly excited because it's definitely going to be a great house for the next betta i wanna get ;)

#14 ·
Thanks all for the compliments. I am now thoroughly addicted. As I went to Petsmart today to get Sparkles his new house decor I made the HUGE mistake of going through the betta section... They have this gorgeous female, white with red fins, that I swear winked at me while I was going by. Then she followed my finger. Must be species adaptation to the pet store situation... "Take me home!" Anyway I'm glad to say I did not get her... Yet. Would she be ok in my community 30 gal? I mean I just took Sparkles out of there due to the filter. Following another thread in the care section it seems like she could do well... Good grief,what have I gotten myself into? :)

#19 ·
Lol... I try to be responsible but it's hard. All joking aside, if I do get this lady that would be it for us at least for a while. I am plotting to get my hubby to agree to a split 10gal... to give these boys a great home. This will certainly take me a few months at least... "Why do you need another fish tank?" lol

#21 ·
This is my mom: "Your already breeding them why do you want another?" Me: "Because, he will help me enhance my lines!" :p I'm an extrmemly addicted person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.