Betta Fish Forum banner

Before and After pics?

30K views 192 replies 64 participants last post by  SerenaRena 
#1 ·
Fishies change a lot. Especially when they go from the stressful, dirty, teeny confinement of the pet store to our luxurious tanks at home.

Anyone have any before and after pics of their bettas?

#2 ·
I might have one-=)!

This was my blue CT that i got from walmart. He had amazingly great finnage.

The first is Before

The second and third is After

As for the Blue Steel Halfmoon,

The first is the Before

The second and third is the after.

#4 · (Edited)
wow BettaLover your guys perked right up!

Here's Aliquis, before and after:

Edit: I really need to get a better picture of him. This is literally the only one I have of him now. Soon as I get home!

#6 ·
Aliquis's mood perked up drastically the first time i ever gave him bloodworms :)

#7 ·
bump

#8 ·
This is Tranny, I had made a thread about his and my other rescue's development here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73183
Tranny was a real ugly duckling transformation though.. Not to mention, most people thought he was a girl lol!
Before

After

Desperate attempt at proving manhood:

#9 ·
Wow, these are all some amazing transmormations!!! What beautiful bettas!!!! Bettalover, that crowntail is absolutely stunning!!!

Here's my boy Finley when he first came home:

And here he is today (he tailbites now :roll:) please excuse the water spots!!

#11 ·
Lol! Yup, there's one there every 3 days or so... Takes up 1/4th of the tank!

#12 ·
Is it weird that Al has never even thought about making a bubblenest?

#14 ·
Yeah, my other two boys make 3 bubbles and call it a day.. No biggie!

#18 ·
WOW! Thats all I could think of! Just wow!!

#19 ·
o_O is that REALLY the same fish!? holy cow!
He is prettier black then he was white!

#20 ·
Yes, he is definitely the same fish. I haven't gotten a new fish since him.You can still kindof see his "mustache" now..And his blue shimmer is a little bit noticeable in the first photo. When I bought him I knew he would change a little bit because of his marbling..But I had no idea he would get so dark! :shock::-D

#21 ·
OMG Littlebittyfish! Yours reminds me SO much of one of my past fish! Even the little lips. :)

Mine. Wolfie right after I got him.

A few weeks later

Few months later. :)

I miss the big guy. Had to have been my favorite fish I've ever had!

#22 ·
They look so great now!

Here's a better one of Aliquis now:

He turned red today

#23 ·
Gotta post a few pics of Rohan. He's most definitely a marble! He seems to be getting more and more red throughout his fins. No body change as far as I can tell, except that his lips are turning white. His bright red colour is incredible and vibrant ... I love this little guy ^__^

The first day home:

About a week ago:

Piscis, Aliquis is beautiful!

#24 · (Edited)
aw thanks fleetfish! Your guy is pretty stunning. I love how his fins are half red half clear. Ive never seen that before

#25 ·
havent yet taken a pic of mine for the colors lately but mine's a blue VT (2 months or so with me) with future red caudal and anal fins. took a flashlight to check the caudal tail and saw all the webbing on both caudal and anal fins have gone red with light behind them. the caudal rays are starting to go red too o.o.

#29 ·
I know right? It's kinda crazy! That's why I started the thread... I had seen how some of the fish started out on other forums and I thought this would be a good way to see a ton of transformations

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.