Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #991 
Elsewhere

Crowley went in his log today and mum freaked out. She thought he was stuck or dead or something and she wanted me to get him out. So I did. He didn't move at first, he's pretty docile, and he lets me touch him whenever I need to, and so at first he didn't care but then he got all mad and popped himself out of the log, so all of that effort was for nothing xD For someone who claims she doesn't care about the fish, my mum really worries about them lol
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:56 PM   #992 
Elsewhere

Went out on the Great Earthworm Hunt of 2015. Went to a pet store ten minutes from me in a last ditch effort and found some superworms. I, being the genius that I am, thought 'superworms must mean larger worms!' Ha. Haha. HA. No. Apparently they kill Axies. AWESOME. JUST WHAT I NEEDED. Luckily they were dirt cheap, so I'll probably just give them back, let some random person have a dozen free worms. Ugh, I thought I had a place to actually buy worms from on the regular, but NOPE. Guess who was wrong?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #993 
Elsewhere

The Great Earthworm Hunt of 2015 is over. I found a place about an hour away and bought two dozen for $9 as opposed to $10 for 6 at PetSmart. And they're all decent sized, too, all I need is to cut one in half and I have enough for the little dude!

So there was an... incident a few night ago. I sleep really heavily, and I had my friend over, so we crashed in the basement next to the tank. I woke up at 4am to the sound of the filter going really loud and water dripping. The filter malfunctioned and overflowed itself, taking out a solid 5 gallons from the tank and spilling it onto the fireplace. I managed to (half asleep, I might add) turn the light on and assess the tank to make sure it wasn't cracked before ripping out the filter, which stopped all the water on water noises in and out of the tank. Ugh. I think it's okay now, but I'm monitoring it closely. It was off for all of two days and the tank got so gross. I just finally cleaned it and plugged the sucker back in. Cas and Soleil seem to be fine, thank God.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #994 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, great earthworm hunt. That's interesting to know about the Superworms. I use Mealworms for my geckos and may use superworms occasionally once they're a little bigger though. But that's good you found the worms
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #995 
Elsewhere

I saw some leopard geckos today! They were so cute, and even my dad admitted they weren't half bad... INTERESTING. I'll never get any lol He's secretly terrified of all reptiles. It's good to hear from you Lil :D
Old 03-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #996 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh really? Actually, yeah, my boss is too. Apparently when he was a kid, a friend had an Anole I think I was or some gecko that could leap fairly decent. Well the gecko apparently jumped onto him and freaked him out. I just think they're darling! Love my babies ^_^

And it's good to see you around again!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:24 AM   #997 
Elsewhere

All I want in life is a gecko and a ball python. But until I move out it's underwater and furry, haha! Your geckos are too precious for life. I just love their colours!

So I Crowley's looking like a girl. Awesome. I won't change the name, and I'll keep saying he until I'm 100% sure, but I'll him no matter what :P I can only hope that by some miracle from the gods my new babies will all be the same gender as him. Please? Pleeeeeeeease? I can deal with eggs if they come, whether selling them or letting them, uh... be sacrificed. Hopefully selling them. Now if I could only scrounge up $40 to get the two babies and some Axolotl pellets! Right now Crowls has the best sinking carnivore pellet out there (or so I've read) but I'd really like some directed towards his specific needs.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #998 
Elsewhere

Everything is all good, Crowley is loving his worms :D I hate cutting them, but eh, at least he's eating something!

Anyone on here doing gishwhes this year? My friends and I are starting up a team and we still need seven or eight people :)

I'm so excited for the new axies. It's a few weeks yet, but I can't wait. I'm so indecisive on a name for the third. Crowley, Cain, and then I'm torn between so many names xD Right now it's a tie between Lucifer and Odysseus. Erg.

Any suggestions from you guys?