Betta Fish Forum banner

Just updating everyone!!

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Hopeseeker 
#1 ·
Well, I have previously posted twice about my NPT. Planted it and had the setback of the plants melting...slowly I have been weeding through the dead plants. It's slightly planted now and I am starting some Aponogeton bulbs to see if they will grow. Will be getting more plants as I can afford to.
Just got 2 rocks to prop up my mopani driftwood and have been boiling the driftwood to get some of the tannins out. (Please note that I said some. A little bit won't bother me, but don't want it to be too dark.) And will be getting a Tardis aquarium ornament when I can afford it.
I also have 7 girls now! Was going to put them in after a couple weeks of floating them in separate cups, but was extended because of the plants and 2 girls have inflamed gills on one side. Still trying to make the inflamed gills go away!
Oh, and I got some MTS to go into the NPT 15 gallon and my divided 10 gallon with sand substrate. The snails have already been placed in the divided, but I think my 2 boys might have bullied 2 of them to death. Oh, well minor setbacks!

#2 ·
Getting more plants!!

I just online ordered some:
http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscen...BOSA-ANGUSTIFOLIA-Nitrate-buster-HYAUGUST.htm

http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscen...ro-Temple-plant-NITRATE-BUSTER-GIANTHYGRO.htm

http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscen...Green-Cabomba-lush-fry-saver-GreenCabomba.htm

Gotta fill in the tank for my girls, I'm pretty sure they are tired of the 100% daily water changes in their 24oz plastic Solo cups! I wasn't going to put them in a not planted enough tank...lol.
Pandora did get some brief freedom...her cup got knocked over and was swimming around all the other girls cups...lol. I quickly re-cupped her, to her disappointment.

#3 ·
Today, I will be picking up the plants that I ordered from the post office. But, happiness its overshadowed by the fact that I might be loading one of my girls. She wouldn't eat and its on her side in the bottom of her cup. I did a quick water change before I had to leave for work, but I'm not sure what I'm going to be coming home to.....

#7 ·
I found out while setting up my NPT, soon to be converted, that buying females is really hard, they usually would have been in the cup for so long and their immune system is really low, especially all the stress. I lost 2 girls, and had to return one while setting up my sorority. Loses suck no matter though.

Any pics?

#8 ·
Sadly, no, but 2 more are acting sluggish and not eating. The one that died and one of the sick ones, and one other, were given to me by Tanseattle beginning of last month. And the other sick one is one of the 2 that I bought from Junglist...she's one of my favorites and is marbling. All have been in cups for the last almost month. I couldn't put them in a tank where most plants had died. It's been setback after setback....I was going to finally put all the girls in on Sunday...I finally have enough plants for them. I'm really discouraged. I don't know what's going on with them. All are in cups and in water from what will be their aquarium. Snails are happy, and water is good. Added just a tiny bit of aquarium salt for the sick girls and a pieces of IAL. I just don't know...all fish were perfectly fine yesterday.....

#9 ·
Both girls that were sick are getting back to normal after aquarium salt treatment in their daily water changes. 3 days to be precise. I just did a water change without aquarium salt treatment, we'll see if they stay perky. Both are back to eating and being little wigglers. I don't know what happened, but since then, I have been using the aquarium water from the aquarium that they will be in soon. All is better, will be getting another girl or 2 to fill the empty spot created by little Liara's untimely death. Brandon doesn't know that I might be getting 2....he only knows that I will be getting 1. ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.