Betta Fish Forum banner

Proper Transfer of Betta to Catfish Tank

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  animallover 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, well, he's going in with my Jullis in the morning :-D So, because he is in a critter keeper, water temps are different because I do not have a heater for him in there, how do I put my boy in the ten gallon? Do I just cup him and pour him in,letting him find a hiding spot right away? Or do I get a breeder net and let him get sit in there for a couple days,getting used to seeing his mates?( I do not think i could float the critter keeper lol!!!):lol:

Oh, one more question, if he does not like the Julli's, what are the signs? How long do I wait before If I had to take him out if he does flare/chase?(a day ?)
Thanks all! Wish "Mint" and I luck!

#2 ·
Its always a good idea to acclimate to both the new temp and more important the chemistry.....I would cup him and add small amounts of the new tank water to him in the holding container over 10-15 min...dump half the water and repeat to his tolerance...then add to the tank....

As far as judging his tolerance to the corydoras...observation and behavior...if he hunt them and attacks or really aggressive toward them for long period of time-you may have to remove him-but as long as the corydoras have a way to get away from him so not to be overly stressed-I would try to leave them together for at least a day to give them times-sometimes turning out the lights can help too....

Look forward to pics....

#3 ·
+1. Don't be worried if he seems very interested in them at first, and they attract his notice whenever they move. It will take him a while to get used to the company, so he will be wierd around them at first. :) When I first put my sorority girls in their community tank, they stalked everything all around the tank for a good few hours before they got over it.

#4 ·
Thank you both so much, I will take your advice :) Today is the big day!

#6 · (Edited)
Cell phones are bad cameras..had too send though!!!

Ok, I could not wait! I will get better pics and post them in the Photos section as soon as I can. He went in,hid for a minute,and swam close to a cory.The cory turned around and started to get close to "Mint" and my Betta "ran away" lol I know swam, but I just to say it! He is doing great with them,just looking, no flaring or chasing!:lol::cool: Thanks again all!!! The one with him behind the plant he is looking at a cory that is barely out of the pic view!!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.