Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#7,845 ·
#7,849 ·
i've got two 10gal right now; one has tailgate, a snail, a pleco, and six tetras in. this picture's a tad outdated - there's a few more hiding places now.

and the other tank is home to knock out and his snail buddy. i'm going to spice it up with more plants/deco over the next few days, but ko's loving it for the moment.

#7,852 ·
Here's an update of Falkor's little home. It pales in comparison to some of the absolutely amazing tanks I'm seeing here -- I truly wish I had more money and space -- but he seems to like the new java ferns, even if they are gigantic in comparison to what I expected when I ordered them... Still, he's enjoying his little jungle playground. ^.^

#7,853 ·
This looks sooo good! Its a lot different than what I'm used to seeing. He looks so ghostly in there, and it doesn't look like an aquascape but more of a very ethereal landscape which is really cool. I really love the lighting on the pots too.

#7,862 ·

I don't have a lot of decor right now since I set the tank up last minute due to my impulsive buying of fish. I'm going to add some silk plants when I find some good, natural-looking ones. If anyone has recommendations, I will receive them with open arms :-D

I was thinking about removing the plastic bamboo, but my little guy just loves hiding in it (if you see that bit of blue in the leaves near the top of the water, that's him :lol:), so I might just keep it and just sand out the pointy parts.

#7,867 ·
Almost ready for a new betta!

So my 5.5g has been cycling for about 2 weeks. I've been using the fish food method but I also threw in 4 or 5 small pond snails which I've since disposed of. I saw some teeny baby snails in there but I think I got most of 'em. Anyways, tested the water yesterday and today and my water is finally showing a large spike in Nitrites and they're are Nitrates! Hopefully by next weekend all the Nitrites will disappear so I can work on getting a new betta :D Since my first tank was a 10 gallon planted tank, this is the first time I've been able to see the cycle with my own eyes. I keep testing the 10gal planted, its been redone and up for 3 - 4 weeks, but nothing shows up on the tests. Those plants are working hard!

What would you judge the Ammonia level is? Is it just me or is it hard to tell the difference between the 0ppm and the 0.25ppm colors?

And this is the slightly changed 5.5gallon tank, sorry for the water spots lol:

#7,903 · (Edited)
So my 5.5g has been cycling for about 2 weeks. I've been using the fish food method but I also threw in 4 or 5 small pond snails which I've since disposed of. I saw some teeny baby snails in there but I think I got most of 'em. Anyways, tested the water yesterday and today and my water is finally showing a large spike in Nitrites and they're are Nitrates! Hopefully by next weekend all the Nitrites will disappear so I can work on getting a new betta :D Since my first tank was a 10 gallon planted tank, this is the first time I've been able to see the cycle with my own eyes. I keep testing the 10gal planted, its been redone and up for 3 - 4 weeks, but nothing shows up on the tests. Those plants are working hard!

What would you judge the Ammonia level is? Is it just me or is it hard to tell the difference between the 0ppm and the 0.25ppm colors?

And this is the slightly changed 5.5gallon tank, sorry for the water spots lol:
I would say ammonia is at zero, or close too... hard to tell from the photo. If there is any ammonia at all it will have a green haze to it. Pure bright yellow means no ammonia. You have to be in bright light or it can be hard to tell. You should maintain 2-4ppm ammonia during cycle. Fish food works but pure bottled ammonia (I use ACE) is a lot easier to control.

#7,871 ·
this is my newly set up divided ten gallon! i just got another plant for it and now its all finished! :) on one side is sherbert, and on the other is heart-catcher. hope you like it, because i sure do!!! :D

View attachment 71001

EDIT: the rocks kind of look yellow but they are white. :)
Looks awesome!