Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Bullying Help.

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  bettabeauty 
#1 ·
For my setup, I have a divided, filtered aquarium with a betta on each side. On one side, I have two dwarf frogs, and on the other I have three black neon tetras.

I put the tetras and frogs in about a week ago. It was a little stressful for the fish, but then it seemed that everyone was getting along fine. However, last night, my betta that I was keeping with the frogs started flaring at them, waiving his fins at them... and then ATTACKING them! So, I tried switching his side so he was with the black neon tetras, and he has been chasing them nonstop. My other betta is fine with both the tetras and frogs.

Temporarily, I've moved the aggressive betta to its original bowl that I got him in while I figure out what to do.

Suggestions? Should I be taking something back to the pet store? Should I put the aggressive betta in its own tank (or bowl)?

#3 ·
I;d give the aggressive betta his own tank, if possibe. That way you can take the divider out, and the one betta, tetras, and dwarf frogs can have the whole aquarium.

Otherwise, I guess you'd have to return the tetras or the frogs.

#5 ·
Okay, thanks everyone. Here's a question though. Do you think I can put the little guy back in a bowl? I really can't afford buying another aquarium, but I've read other posts where some people feel that if you keep a betta in a tank with a filter, you cannot move them back to a regular, unfiltered bowl. Is there any concrete information online about this?

Also, he is still in his little bowl from when I got him, and is making bubbles all over the place!

#6 ·
You could probably separate a section of the tank for him that is separate from everyone else.

#7 ·
It won't hurt him to go back into an unfiltered bowl but I would work fast to get him back into 2+ gallons. You might get a plastic tub and turn it into an aquarium or also there's a good deal on a 2.5 gallon full kit from amazon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.