Betta Fish Forum banner

I can kind of draw fish?

4K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  betta lover1507 
#1 ·
Since I couldn't get a good camera shot of my new betta fish, I decided to draw him. He's a pretty boy, supposed to be a halfmoon, purplish-blue butterfly mustard gas with a brownish face, iridescent tail rays, and pale underneath his head.

That's all :3

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, guys :3 I wasn't too sure about it, myself- the light patch under his chin doesn't really go back that far, and I couldn't properly show how lovely his fins are, but I tried, and I'm glad that it's generally agreed that it isn't awful.

#9 ·
Thanks ^^

And now, free for use betta-dragon lineart- something I actually know how to draw!

It's a dragon to be colored like your betta.

The betta's body colors go on the body, hands can be colored like the fins just behind the gills if desired. "Beard" colors go on the ear frills, the colors from the long fin under the body go on the dewlap, the colors from the two smaller fin under the head go on the ends of the whiskers, fin spine colors go on wing fingers and tailtip, and the tail colors go on the wing and tail. Feel free to erase and redraw tail fin shape to fit your betta, this one's a HM/Delta all-purpose tail. Claws and horns should be left white or colored solid black.

Here's Ginji as an example.

#10 · (Edited)

Ginji has had an exciting day. He's quickly recovering from ich, I showed him a mirror to verify that he is indeed a HM and not a super delta (as his usual posture suggests), and I bought him a moss ball, which I left in full view of his tank. My handwriting sucks on the computer lol

#11 ·

Betta pixel art! It's a collab with LITH from projectnyoka.com's forums- she did the gorgeous tail fin on the adult, the rest is all me. I'd like some suggestions for alternate colorations, if you'd be so kind? I intend to do one like Ginji, but beyond that, no idea, so if anyone wants to post a pretty HM or two (or three) for me...

#13 ·
He's pretty close in color to the one I already did... I'll do a recolor of him, but it's not what I was looking for and probably won't be used for anything. Or I might scrap this coloration if I like your fishie's colors on it more.

#14 · (Edited)

...this actually turned out really different from the other coloration. Huh. Well, hopefully you can kind of see your fish in this... somewhere...

Also, if anyone would let me use a betta photo that they took as a base for a sprite pose, I'd love you foreeever and give you collab credit on the site the pixel art is for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.