Betta Fish Forum banner

Plants dying!

823 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jschristian44 
#1 ·
hey guys
i have 2 amazon sword plants and a bunch of frogbit. the frogbit are getting brown and so is the amazon swords. i have like an 8500 tropical sunlight t8 lamp for lighting and i had a bare bottom for my spawning tank. but i just now placed in substrate as well so will that help them be healthier? i paid good money for the live plants and dont want them to die.

#4 ·
I heard from several sources that hard water is better for most plants. Some plants like Brazilian pennywort do need softer water though.

You had swords in a bare-bottom tank? Yeah that's most likely the problem. Swords need good substrate or root tabs at the least to do well.

I don't know about the frogbit though. How close is the light to the frogbit? It might be burning them. That or is the water in your tank still or flowing?

If I remember correctly frogbit does better in moving water. An airstone and airpump might benefit your tank, or a small filter. I might be wrong about that though.

Maybe purchasing a liquid fertilizer like API's LeafZone will help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.