Betta Fish Forum banner

White Splotch on Adamu's mouth?

788 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MrVampire181 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I had a question about a white splotch that I noticed yesterday on my HM Adamu's mouth. At first I thought it was just a mark or something since he changed colors a bit since I first got him, but today I started to notice it more and realized something wasn't right. I looked on the internet and heard about a disease called Columnaris? It sounds like the early stages of it, but I was just hoping it was something else or that I was imagining it xD

Well here are some pics of Adamu, they aren't that great since the damn fish moves at the speed of light the second the camera comes out - -" I had to bribe him with blood worms in order to take a few.

If it does turn out to be columnaris or some other disease, could someone please explain to me how serious it is? Also what should I be doing to help him? He's currently in a 2 gallon Critter Keeper since his fight with Polaris last week, (note the missing chunk of fin), and I've been treating him with AQ salt. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you.

See less See more
#3 ·
Okay thanks, is that the best medication to get? I heard about this Jungle Eliminator (or something like that). I'm going in the morning to the pet store, (Yay that Mom likes Adamu so she'll take me xD). Also here is some info just in case anyone else has any suggestions on what it might be, or if it will help with me treating him.

Housing
What size is your tank? 2 Gallon QT Critter Keeper
What temperature is your tank? 76
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Betta Bites, Blood Worms.
How often do you feed your betta fish? Twice a day.

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? Every other day.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Stress Coat.

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? White splotch above mouth.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Hasn't.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Yesterday
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Just with some AQ salt.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? None
How old is your fish (approximately)? 6 months- 1 year

#4 ·
It could be normal coloring. You may have a marble on your hands...the BF pattern tells me he has marble in his genes.

#5 ·
I was thinking it could just be the color changing, but it doesn't look like the normal texture. It looks kinda of i dont know fuzzy, so thats why I was wondering if it was in fact Mouth Fungus or something else. But I could be wrong :/

And yay if he is a Marble, now I have 2! What exactly is a marble, and are they rare?

#6 ·
Lol a marble is a Betta who developes sploches a color different than their regular color on them. For ex. A blue Betta with white sploches on their sides. I've never heard of a Bettas mouth marbeling, though. A marbe is maybe 1 in every 20 Bettas? That's just my guess.

#7 ·
Thanks!

Well whatever was on his mouth last night is mostly gone this morning. I didn't get the fungal medication, but I'm going to do a 100% water change in about an hour and put some AQ salt in his tank. That sound good? I also gave him da Bloodworms :D

He jumps for those.

#8 ·
Actually a marble just changes all the time. It could be just some spltches or a complete full body color change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.