Betta Fish Forum banner

I am such a bad fish mommy...

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  ChristinaRoss 
#1 ·
I did not relize that my heater in one of my 10 gallon divided tanks had stopped working and now one of my douple tails I got when I went shopping with Christina has ICK really bad. He was fine day before yesterday and then yesterday when I went home he was laying on the bottom of the tank covered in ICK spots.:-( I ran to the store and got a new heater and some ick meds I keep salt in the tank so I did not add anymore. I hope he makes it I feel like such an idiot.:evil: I could kick myself. :oops:

#3 ·
awwwwwwww ur not a bad mama, i know u do everything for all those fish u have!
i know u will do everything u can for him!

faulty junk they make these days grrrrr

im paranoid about my heaters, i check all my tanks temps all the the time. cuz i KNOW thats gonna happen one day. and so i bought a spare heater just for when it does happen.

#5 ·
I just feel bad because I have not been checking like I normally do I just have been working too many hours between my 2 jobs and not haveing enough me time. I normally check the temp on everybody when I feed them each day but these last two weeks I have just been working so much I feel like a zombie and am just going through the motions.

#6 ·
cut yourself some slack...........your exhausted!

#7 ·
Thanks you guys. I plan on asking for less hours after Christmas at my part time job its just right now I need them to pay the bills and have a little left over for Christmas. : )

#10 ·
It's not your fault! You buy something expecting that it should work..geez...

Hope your fish gets better!

#13 ·
Thanks guys he seems to be doing better this morning he definantly had less spots and was eager to eat which is a good sign.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.