Betta Fish Forum banner

VitaChem

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Blue Fish 
#1 ·
anyone know anything about this stuff? does it work and is it safe? is it designed for daily/prolonged use or just to medicate periodically?

#2 ·
from what i understand its like a multi vitamin compound so the fish gets what they need. ive used it often and had no ill effects from its use. its says 1 drop per gallon a week and a few drops in the food 5x in a week. i dont really put it in the food but i do add it to the water during WC when i remember to use it.

#3 ·
ok thats kinda what I was wondering was if u NEEDED to add it to the food or if it was ok to just do it during the water change, same as the conditioner. do u feel like it made a difference in your fish?

#4 ·
Every living creature needs vitamins. They help but I can't tell if it does any good. My fish have been healthy for a good time. I can't tell if the colour changes have a relationship to vista chem use. I don't think all ppl use it but its more personal choice.

i usually added the vista chem upon adding conditioner. Adding a few drops to the food Is a bit unrealistic given the liquid to food ratio. Betta pellets or flakes can't really absorb a full single drop to start off. A drop is more than sufficient regarding small fish. Few drops refer more to larger fish as they get more food volume per feeding.

#5 ·
well I ordered some today, heard it was supposed to be really good for fin issues plus it is supposed to be good for the vegetation in the tank as well so as soon as I get it and start using it I will definitely report back.

#6 ·
thank you for that info, i didnt know it was good for fin issues as well just a second ago. the best part of Vitachem is that its not like the other miracale touting products for betta ie betta revive and nutrafin ____fix products. im definetely going to use vitachem more often now that i know its good for the fins also.

#7 ·
I like that is seems to be a more holistic approach to the fin issues as well as lateral line disesase plus its good for the plants too, its a "two-fer" lol...cant wait to see if its worth the hype.

#8 ·
Another thing I'm adding to my list of things to get since joining this site. I never thought of vitamins for my fish, though now that I think about it, very sensible. Especially if it works. o_o

My betta seems pretty healthy, so I don't know if I'll see any improvement. Won't know til I try though =]

#9 ·
yeah I know I just stumbled upon it on another site when I was looking for a an appoximate healing time on torn fins (sushi somehow managed to tear his pretty little crowntail all up the other night) and someone suggested this so I posted on here and then started reading up on it and its got great reviews. my boy is really healthy and active too so Im not sure how much it will affect him but its supposed to help heal and strengthen the fins and scales and it SAYS it will enhance thier colors as well so I will DEFINITELY be back to report any changes once mine gets here and I start using it regularly

#10 ·
got my shipment in today. it makes the water a little wierd at 1st (white bits floating in it) but Im sure that will pass. cant wait to see if it improves my stinkers fins/color and how it effects the plant. I will keep yall posted!

#11 ·
ok so here are the 6 day before and after photos....
in the before pic he had JUST chewed off a chunk of his tail and I was heartbroken
BEFORE:

and here is the after...what a difference 6 days makes! Im sooo ready for that last little bit to fill in cuz hes got the BEST rays usually, nice and long and flowing. I wanted to die when he messed them all up

AFTER:

#13 ·
This is off-topic, but it does link in, I promise. :)

I researched some information about HITH (had two guys who looked like they might have some pitting, and wanted more information), and more and more people are believing that it's actually *caused* by a vitamin and mineral deficiency. Apparently, there are a lot of people mistaking HITH with a parasite infection (can't remember the exact name), they often present together, since the parasite will absorb all the vitamins before the fish can, but it is possible to have HITH without a parasite infection in certain circumstances.
What the other websites and aquarists recommended was to take out all filter carbon (because the carbon can also absorb the minerals), feed a very good diet either a wide mix of fresh/frozen or NLS (specifically), and to give a vitamin-c supplement. Either a vita-chem-like supplement, or even just crushed vitamin c tablets or liquids.

Long story shorter... ;) It might very well be a positive to be using the vitachem, it could help to head off some serious issues later. :)

I started using a natural water dechlorinator that is made of vitamin-c, made by the ATM company. Apparently, this stuff naturally dechlorinates without the usual dechlorinator chemicals because of the vitamin c. I don't use it normally as a dechlorinator, but I do add it when I'm adding new fish to a tank, or if anyone is acting puny, just because I figure it can't hurt. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.