Betta Fish Forum banner

I thought you'd appreciate the humor....

4K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  LikeDiscoSuperfly 
#1 ·
So I was talking to a vegetarian.

She eats fish, because duh, they aren't animals.

:/

DUHHH YOUUU GUYYSSSS

#3 ·
I'll never understand the "vegetarians" that eat fish.

Now I'm FAR from the Vegetarian or Vegan Police but SRSLY. COME ON! They're kept as PETS for The Lord's sake! *facepalm*

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian (I eat milk and cheese still) that's it. :p

Speaking of which it's time I LEGIT logged off now and ate something! Black Bean Burger Time! :D YAY!

#5 ·
LOL, that kind of logic really doesn't make sense :p How can they not be animals XD

And I'm pretty sure that chickens are dumber than fish... Has your friend ever visited a chicken coop? They're not very bright... My boyfriend has a bunch of chickens in his backyard, and I love all kinds of animals so I would stand outside the coop and try to play/interact with them... Yeah... It didn't work out so well.

#6 ·
I'm not a vegetarian, but I never eat fish... I guess I don't like the taste and since I own fish it feels worse than eating any other kind of meat...
Anyways, it makes no sense, but also, lots of vegetarians have to take supplements to get enough protein right? Only, most of those are tested on animals, so if they're not eating animals, they're just supporting animal cruelty pretty much... I eat meat but I never buy anything tested on animals, because it's just beyond cruel, and it's so unnecessary...

#7 ·
:roll:

I can understand only eating fish for health reasons, but I never understood how people DON'T consider fish to be animals.

Haha, it reminds me of a video I saw on Youtube once though. A lady was interviewing a model who claimed she was vegetarian, but ate chicken because, "a cow is an animal...but a chicken is a bird".

#8 ·
I'm not a vegetarian... I just rarely eat meat because I'm super picky! :-D

Okay that was off topic but I really wanted to say. How is a fish or a chicken not an animal? Are they fruits instead or something? Those people are saying that I have fruits swimming around in my fish tanks? Never would have guessed! :roll:

#11 ·
Why do they like to be called vegetarians anyways?
I honestly think people like that don't eat meat for selfish reasons. Being called a vegetarian makes you sound like a good person because it makes you seem like you love animals or care about animal rights. Becoming "vegetarian" or "vegan" has become a status thing for some people.

If they really cared about animals, they would either:
A. Go off all meat, and become a true vegetarian or vegan.
B. Own up to being a Pescetarian or whatever someone that only eats chicken is called. They should be willing to admit that they don't care about all animals equally.

#10 ·
I'm not a vegetarian, but I never eat fish... I guess I don't like the taste and since I own fish it feels worse than eating any other kind of meat...
Same here.

I just don't get people. Maybe they were blonds or they dropped out of school! LOL JK!

#12 ·
LOL! She probably doesn't know what to call herself. A lot of people think they can call themselves vegetarian if they don't eat red meat or pork but do eat fish & chicken.

#13 ·
I eat fish&poultry, but not red meat.. but I definetly dont call myself a veggie.
I have reasons for not eating red meat, I stopped eating red meat when I was about 12. I just dont really like the taste now.. and the smell of browning beef. EWW. so nasty!

but I stopped eating pork when I was about 11/12, we wrn to Hawaii and I saw the pig roasting in the pit.. it made me cry.
A few short months later.. I just realized I couldnt eat cows because they are too dang cute!

Yes, these were my reasons at 11/12. And my mom let me, as long at I took vitamin and such still.
And now.. I just dont want to eat red meat.

#14 ·
Nothing is wrong with not eating red meat and pork, but no reason to call yourself a vegetarian if you still eat other meats! :) I personally call myself a "faux vegetarian" because I cannot claim to be a true one.

I have food allergies and I am allergic to all meat substitutes, so I can not go vegan no matter how much I want to. I have super bad food allergies, I cannot eat nuts, beans, soy, citrus fruit or anything with citric acid, bananas, melons, peas, black pepper.... the list goes on and on :( There is no hope for me to be able to have a vegan diet and be able to meet all my nutritional needs... :(

I also don't want to go vegetarian because I do not agree with eating dairy, eggs, and other animal products just as much as I disagree with eating meat.

So I eat two vegan/vegetarian meals a day, and one regular meal with meat because I couldn't survive without it... :(

But I feel like I am making a difference because I eat a lot less animal products than most people, and I am constantly informing everyone I know about animal rights issues.

#20 ·
You're def still making a difference. My moms family only eats meat once or twice a week now and it's healthier, better for the animals and so much cheaper. If humans could cut down their meat intake to once a day it'd do wonders for the animals and the environment apparently.

#15 ·
Me personally, I looove meat...just...I'm so picky that I only eat a few types. :lol:
Beef and lamb are what I love.

Don't eat pork because my family is Muslim. Eghhh, I do profess to liking a bit of bacon though, but just outright pork makes me sick.

I've just never liked the taste of white meat, but I'll eat it.

I find all seafood totally nasty and I never touch the stuff.

#19 ·
Oh lord. I'm a vegetarian...and I've been a vegetarian since July of 2006. I get asked all the time if I eat fish and chicken because that's not actually meat....

If you eat chicken or fish there's a word for that and it's called pescetarian. Not vegetarian. It makes me mad.

#25 ·
I cannot live without meat. Lamb, Beef, Chicken, and BAAACOOOOONNN...
I find it kind of stupid that people wouldn't consider fish as animals...

And for all you people wondering why people want to become vegetarian for no reason, it is a little thing called attention...

No offense to anyone who has a reason. Whether it be ethical, or allergenic, ect.

#28 ·
People become vegetarians because it's the 'cool new thing to do.' It makes me mad. I feel like I'm getting judged by being a vegetarian.

#29 ·
I might become a vegetarian one day but I love chicken way too much, and I don't want to become anemic, also I don't want to be one because my health would plummet, seeing as I hate veggies. I love fruit though!
I have a vegan friend, she thinks meat is cruel and dairy is gross, only she hates produce so all she eats is carbs, and random junk food. It is a GOOD thing she exercises a lot.

#31 ·
I've been a vegetarian for 4 and a half years and I actually hardly eat any veggies at all lol. I admit I am a junk food junkie but I always have been and I'm trying to work on that but I eat a lot of meat substitutes, fruits, beans, nuts, pasta, bread and stuff like that. My weight was the same it always had been until about a year ago when I gained about 15 pounds cause my metabolism is slowing down so when January comes around I'm going to try and cut back.

#32 ·
LOL. I always wondered why some vegetarians thought it was totally acceptable to eat fish but all other meat products are off limits.
Fish are living beings too. They may not be as 'smart' or 'emotional' as other animals, but they still want to live.

Me....I could never be vegetarian, or especially vegan. I love my chicken too much.

#36 ·
It's a growing industry. Can you believe there are specialty stores that sell only insects for food? Apparently it's not seen as disgusting by a lot of people around the world. :shock: I'll pass... forever!

#37 ·

These are actually DELICIOUS! I like snickerdoodle cricket cookies the best...spicy, sweet, and crunchy :cool: And the caramel apple with the meal worms tastes pretty good too. I mean it's weird...has a weird chalky taste to me..but the tanginess of the apple and the sweetness of the caramel covers it up quickly.

If you guys really wanna try something weird, try eating balut or century eggs...but then again I eat those too. :oops:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.