Betta Fish Forum banner

Gourmi's journey

3K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  ringmybell 
#1 ·
So yesterday I went to the petstore to pick out a pleclosomus for my large tank, I bought one, and while I was talking to the clerk, one of the gourmis (about 3 inches long) was swimming weird and I asked what happened to him.:demented: She was super nice and said that he came that way. he was there for a while, and she asked the suprevising manager what they should do about him, and he said to adopt him out because they can't sell a fish that they know has a problem. So next thing I know, I left with two fish (I have experiance with this breed):shock:. Well his symptoms are bloated from head to tail, swims with his tail above his head, and has a kink in his spine. I suspect severe constipation. :xI had him in my large tank, but the gourmi I have already was banging him up pretty hard,:evil: so this morning he was moved to his own isolation tank.:redyay: He has been there at least 5 hours and no passing of waste.:cry: I tried a pea, but he was like a little toddler who wanted nothing to do with his veggies:roll: I will post photos of him as he improves (Hopefully, may be a genetic desise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtCUzMScMI&feature=youtu.be (Swimming now)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.