Betta Fish Forum banner

Floating Betta Log - 3 in. x 2 12 in.

8K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  mysquishy 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Min, I saw these at the Concord Pet in Middletown. IMO they are a little large for a 1 gallon. I would like to put them im in my 3g and 5g hex but the filters are in the hoods and I feel like they would get in the way. I did purchase the leaf hammock and floating ball with mirror. The one betta ignores the hammock so I am about to move the hammock to another tank. The mirror does provide some entertainment. Please let us know it the log works well in the tank and if your betta likes it.

#6 ·
Min, I saw these at the Concord Pet in Middletown. IMO they are a little large for a 1 gallon. I would like to put them im in my 3g and 5g hex but the filters are in the hoods and I feel like they would get in the way. I did purchase the leaf hammock and floating ball with mirror. The one betta ignores the hammock so I am about to move the hammock to another tank. The mirror does provide some entertainment. Please let us know it the log works well in the tank and if your betta likes it.
Figures. I looked all over here in wilm & couldnt find them so I ordered it. I do have the betta hammock & the mirrors & they love it .

#5 ·
Thanks so much everyone! Maybe if the log is a bit large for the tank, we could just put it in for an hour or so at a time. I was also looking at the floating ball mirror and leaf hammock - I'm sure I'll be getting those too. Currently, I just use a hand mirror on the outside of the tank for a minute or two. Can't wait to hear how it works!

#10 ·
Neekis ,

Got my betta log today . Its def too big for a 1.5 gal tank. It even says on the box use in a min of 2 gal. So far Dexter seems to like it so if u ever get a bigger tank it could def be something to look into.
Darn :cry: I kind of had a feeling it would be....Can't wait to get a bigger tank! My husband just has to build a place to put it. Hopefully a couple of months and I'll have a bigger tank! Thanks so much for letting me know.

#15 ·
Min, That's great. I think I'll try one for my other fish that aren't scaredy fish. Your local Concord Pet should be able to get them for you since the Middletown store carries them.
I got the betta hamocks there but havent seen the logs. Will keep checking though since its literally up the street from my house.

#34 ·
I got the three-pack (log, mirror, hammock) and thus far, my little lad has not slept on his hammock. He has, however, taken a keen interest in the floaty mirror. He'll circle and circle it flaring and challenging! The log, well, the log seems to be a shrimp log since one of them likes to hang out in it more than the betta. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.