Betta Fish Forum banner

Cute Or Fun Things Your Fish Do! :D

8K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  AlanIsOp 
#1 ·
What is something fun or cute that your fish does?

Lucky loves to chill out and watch me. I love his fishy face.
Dragon will flare at anything I hold up near his tank. xD

You?

#2 ·
Little Comet likes to, well, ATTACK, (and yes, im serious) his food. He lunges at it, and misses it, then eats it. lol!

Then, he likes to flare at my finger.. so cute. ;)

#5 ·
Miss America wags her dorsal fin like a dog after I feed her a pellet :)

Baby Blue likes to let the suction from the intake pull her onto the intake cage. She does this on purpose and will stay there for several seconds, enjoying the 'hug' she gets suction. When she's had enough, she'll break suction and swim away. Seen her do this many times... maybe it has to do with the mating 'embrace' thing... she's never been bred, though...

#6 ·
Biscotti is a fish full of quirks. He swims in S shapes up and down the front of his tank, he flares at his reflection, he likes to jump at the filter baffle (he is a real jumper that one...) and he gets really excited at the sound of my voice. Very active, always moving.

#10 ·
My sorority of females are adorable to watch ^.^ I love seeing them interact with one another.. puffing their gills and circling each other (never attacking), going in and out of the cave, coming right up to the glass and staring at me with their cute little fishy faces x)

#11 ·
bluemoon will swim up to the filter get pushed down, swim up, push down

#12 ·
dastan does a flirty dance everytime i walk past, Nero flares up at his own reflection. Benny builds massive nests melvin darts all over and tamins is shy at the moment

#14 ·
Well the girls have gotten to the point where they are realizing fingers = FOOD. So whenever I feed them I'll use flakes (it's just easier to feed them all! I use a high quality flake though), wet it on my finger tips. Then they literally do a combination of dolphin leaps/pirhana swarm/shark frenzy ... and they'll start biting my hand. It tickles so awesomely that I can't help but go into a major LOL. They're so hilarious. Some of them will just stay in my palm and eat until they're full, curling up and noshing. I love the girlies so much :D

#15 ·
All my males just puff it. Its funny feeding the HM's cause they try to jump for the food, but there long fins don't get them very far. The females go crazy for food and jump at it. When one lands on the other they get man, have an argument, then go back to eating like nothing ever happened. My orange HM and butterfly CT love the floating mirror XD

#17 ·
Lordsameth, your pets have the cutest names!! I'm still getting to know Brooke, my female crowntail (one week now), but she's very responsive to me and loves to attack her breakfast (flakes).

#20 ·
Okay, I've noticed a certain interesting quirk about my betta Rouge tonight. He seems to be fascinated with any kind of aquarium gems I put in his tank, especially when I decide to put in a new color. I added some green ones tonight and he swims down the bottom of the tank to just stare at them for long periods of time. He'll get so close it's almost like he's kissing them. You can see his eyes moving and looking around at them and he'll turn his head to see them all. He seems to like how shiny them are.

I also have some crystal colored ones that he likes to stare at too. It's cute how curious he is. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.