Betta Fish Forum banner

CT or King Betta?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ScuitoAmi150 
#1 ·
At the end of the school year I am supposed to be taking my teacher's 6 Mosquito Fish but if that ends up not working out then I want to get another male betta.

My local Petco has some GORGEOUS and healthy Crowntails. I was looking yesterday and there was this one that was the color of chrome and blue frost. I really, really, really, wanted him. But then..............I also really want a King betta. I like how big they are, I don't know, I just think they are really cool.

For my birthday, in two weeks, I'm hoping to get a 5.5g tank (only $15 at Petco!!!!). I could split the tank. Then I could get 2 bettas if the Mosquito fish don't work out, but I don't think that putting a King betta in a 2.75g tank is fair....

Help! How can I choose?! People actually buy the CTs at my Petco but I know that some of the Kings have been there for a long time (not going to lie, they aren't as pretty as the CTs).

#2 ·
Ugh! I hear ya! They are all so pretty it's hard to decide. But I agree that putting a King in that size is a little unfair.......I wouldn't go smaller then a 5 personally. If you want something different, go with the King. Sometimes they are hard to find whereas crowntails are in more abundance. But you'll know the right "one" when you go. :)

#3 ·
Okay! =] However with me I think that sometimes the pretty crowntails are distracting from the "right" King.
I was there like two months ago and they have a light pink/green-ish King. He was the one! But he isn't there anymore. =[

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.