Betta Fish Forum banner

2 newest boys (pic heavy)

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Tisia 
#1 ·
so I'm up to 7 bettas total as of today, lol
had this guy for about a week, posted a couple pics here and there of him, but thought he could use a few more. while I had been looking at him in petco, I had been trying to get him to flare at another boy, but every time I tried to turn him to face the other guy, he'd just turn and look at me instead. couldn't say no to him after that, lol
he was nice enough to pose in front of his bubblenest

being a spaz, lol

this little guy I got today. I had gone into my lfs yesterday looking for a new filter for Robin's tank and seen this pretty boy, but ended up leaving with just a few plants instead (they didn't have the filter I needed). after thinking about him all night, I went back in today (bringing the old filter for them to make sure it's actually broken, it is) and was happy to see he was still there and brought him home :D he's definitely got a little fin damage, but not too bad

not sure how I managed to resist this face for a whole day!

See less See more
#4 ·
he's got a little red dot on each of his ventrals and a couple on his dorsal as well, lol
and yeah, I love it when their lips are a different color, it's so cute, lol

What's the breed of the first one? All the pet stores near me only carry veil tails and Crown Tails<----(only if I'm lucky...)
he's a halfmoon. second boy was marked as a halfmoon as well, but he might be a delta, haven't managed to get him to really flare yet, so we'll see

#7 ·
ooo that second one.. what a cute little moue he's got :} definitely a Romeo, that one ;)

#9 ·
all the more fitting ;) LOL

#12 ·
looks like the newer guy is in fact a halfmoon, I managed to get him to flare, didn't manage to get good pics of it though unfortunately. he's gone and colored up some already as well. he's got more silver along his sides now, and his fins are looking more pinkish

love that face, lol

he kind of makes me think of a little grumpy flower, lol

#16 ·
Aw! I'm torn between them because the first one is blue, which I like better than red but the second one looks like Marilyn Monrow with the pale face and bright red lips! I just adore his pouty face!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.