Betta Fish Forum banner

Kinda Betta

923 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MrVampire181 
#1 ·
I buy 2 thailand fishes, and accidentaly I found a little fish into the bag pack.
I feed him and when he grown up. Surprise, a wild Betta. I think is a Betta simplex but a dont know.

Look the pictures and help me please

This is a real simplex

and This is mine

watch how looks when see a male Betta

See less See more
#2 ·
Whoah! you've given me something to think about!

my little 'mini' looks just like your first picture! It's still tiny and was sold in a cup that was marked "F" for female - but was the only one like it on the shelf full of huge finned veiltail and crown tail males.

I was thinking it was just really too young 'cupped' for sale - but, could it be a different type of betta? ... I guess I will have some research to do. - and pictures to take to post and ask more questions.

#4 ·
That rule is mainly directed towards the four species of fighting betta. Betta splendens, betta smaragdina, betta imbellis, and betta raja. Most other sprecis can be housed in large tanks together.

#5 ·
That looks like the betta I saw today at the fish store, it was a short tailed betta...

#6 ·
I think he/she is a simplex or some other species. Does he/she blow bubblenests? Have you ever had wild bettas before?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.