Betta Fish Forum banner

Goldy isn't looking too well.

801 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  goldyboy 
#1 ·
The other day he was fighting floating to the top of his tank and floating on the ceiling of his cave (which he never goes in). His body had also gone a yucky orange-yellow colour. I changed his water on the spot (100%) and when I left for work he was floating at the top. I expected him dead by the time I returned.

I came home and he was swimming around again but the yellow tint remains. He's active but not himself and he's not even eating bloodworms.

:(

Aquarium salt? Water imbalance? I don't know what I can do.

#4 ·
Sorry I didn't have my cam on me earlier and I couldn't get a decent shot. I looked closely at his scales and he's not fluffy but he's lethargic and for a fish who never goes in his cave he's spending an awful lot of time in there.

#5 ·
I took him out of his bowl last night and put him in a small bowl with a little salt. He sat in there for a good 15 mins while I took his 2 gallon and boiled everything in it. I rinsed it well and put everything back in, conditioned and salted the new water and put him in. I woke up this morning and he's getting his colour back!!!! :D :D

He's back to being active...I think he may be okay after all. <3

#6 ·
I thought wrong. :S

We're back to yellow bodied and lethargic now to the point of barely swimming to the top of his 2 gallon bowl. I cleaned it out again, put in fresh conditioned and salted water but only filled the bowl half way so he could reach the water line easier for breath. He seems grateful, I think swimming all the way to the top of the big bowl was stressing him (hence his hiding in the cave and breathing from the bubble of air caught on the ceiling of it).

He's not gonna make it much longer but at least he'll be comfortable until then.

:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.