Betta Fish Forum banner

How to take pictures?

955 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Serafina 
#1 ·
I used to take photos of my bettas with my dad's iphone, but his iphone was full of my fishy photos! so, im not using it anymore. :p sadly, i dont have any professional cameras or "high quality" ones :( so i was wondering how to take clear pictures of your bettas! i've been trying to for the past week, but everything was either too blurry or you couldn't see the betta's colors at all. help please?

#4 ·
thanks guys! i will try my best! :D

#5 ·
I'm not a camera person at all. I love using the macro feature for taking pics of my fish, but sometimes flash distorts colors, especially on those with metallic scales. When I turned off flash my pictures were super blurry, though! So I had to fiddle with a setting called IOS, and pump it up. Really high IOS = grainy pics. Really low = blurry, but if you can find the right medium you get good pics that had the colors you see in your tank.

#6 ·
It might help to shine a bright light into the aquarium so you don't have to rely on the flash as much. The light will help stop the action of the fish, otherwise any movement including your own will likely blur the image. Another thing you could try is to set the camera on a surface so it's completely stable. You could stack books or come up with another way to imitate a tripod.

Good luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.