Betta Fish Forum banner

What a difference um..1.5 days makes!

1K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  teeneythebetta 
#1 ·
I can hardly wait to see how he's doing after a whole week!

This is the betta hubby picked when I dragged him out to the store Sunday evening and told him that since I was on betta buying probation, the kids and I had decided that he had to choose an occupant to be destined for the other half of the new divided tank.

And he picked this little guy, who obviously made big betta eyes at him and said he really needed to be taken home and given something better than a (quite) dirty cup. I'm considering him my anniversary present :)

View attachment 60001

Hubby has been helping feed him, cupping and decupping him, and checking on him. He's started to declamp a bit (I can see when he does that he has a rip in his tail and a hole in his anal (that's the lower one right?) fin. But he's really coloring up - I thought he was "cambodian" at time of purchase. Turns out, not really. He must have been feeling really terrible at the store :|

View attachment 60000

#9 ·
Thanks! I'm surprised with the degree of change in such a short time! Hoping also that by getting hubby a little more involved with this one, he'll understand better why I like bettas so much!

#12 ·
HOLEEY CARP!!!!
You did a fantastic job calming that gorgeous guy down!
What a CHANGE!
Some people think "It's just a fish, it doesn't care where it is..."
Oh, boy, yes it DOES!

#13 ·
His personality is coming out now too! He mostly hid in the back corner the first day, but last night he was coming up front to inspect us, and this morning he came right up to my finger as I was putting his morning shrimp in. And he's certainly got an appetite. He seems to be swishing his tail more too, the first day he seemed to be almost pulling himself around with just the front fins, kinda wonder if his muscles were atrophying in the cup.

Anyway, he's improving by the day, and hopefully continues to do so! Thanks for all the positive energy and comments!

#15 ·
What a transformation he's made! :welldone: This is a great rescue story--can't wait to see how he progresses--keep us posted!

#17 ·
Awww im so happy for this little guy, good luck!!

#18 ·
I think it's working!

Hubby wandered into the computer room last night and asked "How much should I feed my fish?" :)

And he did most of the first water change too!

newfish continues to do well and is quite enthusiastically red now. I think I'm ok saying that it looks like he'll make it at this point. Probably need to come up with an actual name soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.