Betta Fish Forum banner

Mystery Snail Question

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  bettakeeper91 
#1 ·
Ok so I don't have an overly large tank or anything, just a betta bowl with a female betta and a mystery snail. I perform 100% water changes every 3 days. The snail and betta seem very happy together. I was just wondering.....my snail does move around the tank, but he gets algae growing on his shell. How do I get rid of that?

#5 ·
This is an easy one...

Well, ya got 2 choices...

First, the reason that the algae is growing on the shell of your Mystery Snail is that they always keep a sample of their favorite algae with them just in case they find themselves in an environment totally devoid of it... sort of like Johnny Appleseed...

Second, you can add another Mystery Snail and they will eat the algae off of each others shells... problem solved...

Brad @ Halifax Waterscapes

#7 ·
Wonderful playmates...

I have 6 Gold Mystery Snails that I keep in my 20 gallon tank with my male & female betta and everybody gets along wonderfully...

The snails are delightfully productive and playful with each other...

I do, however, have several live plants in the aquarium and they enjoy any of the vegetation that is dying, but leave the live plants alone, except for cleaning the algae off them...

Enjoy!!!

Brad @ Halifax Waterscapes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.