Betta Fish Forum banner

Room temperature limits for betta tank

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  finnfinnfriend 
#1 ·
I understand that the water temperature should be 78-82 degrees and not below 76. I understand that the lid to the tank will hold some heat in the air between the top of the water and the tank lid. It seems that a thermometer in the air space between the water and the tank lid would tell me the temperature of the air that my betta is breathing. What is the lowest air temperature a betta can breath without causing a health concern? I want to make sure I don't cause a problem by turning down the room temperature at night. I am wondering what other owners do about night time room temperatures and what is the safe temperature range of the air my betta is actually breathing.
Thanks,
quickpatch

#4 ·
I always thought it was more of worrying about the water temperature, not the air... otherwise we'd have a problem when the temperature drops down in the winter.

#7 ·
Should a heater be able to keep a stable water temp despite fluctuations in the room temperature?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.