Betta Fish Forum banner

Female Sorority

630 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  a123andpoof 
#1 ·
Okay, so I just picked up a 3 gallon kritter keeper with decor rocks and all that for $5 at a garage sale, so I plan to start emptying my 10g of males. I have another 10g that will be set up when we move that will be divided for 2 of my boys.

So with my empty 10g I was thinking of starting a sorority with two of my girls, but now my question is Haruna is 2 years old, and Sakura is is less than a year I assume. I would be getting 3 or 4 even younger girls. Is Haruna to old? I don't want to stress her out, but she isn't very aggressive, and I would like to keep her in there. If she is to old I will give her a tank to herself and just put Sakura in, but would love to keep space open for more boys XP any opionons? This will be happening in around 2 months, maybe less.

#2 ·
It really depends on the fish. Try it, but be careful.
The other girls may have been spoiled in their tanks for so long that they won't want to share space as well.
Always supposed to be cautious with sororities, but for this case I would be extra cautious.
You may need to remove the older girl soon anyways, once she gets older and frailer it may be too hard on her with other girls, even if it's okay at first.

#3 ·
Sakura I am not to worried about, she is young and used to other bettas in her tank she lives in a divided 10g at the moment. Haruna is newer to the 10g but seems fine. Her age is what I worry about though. So I may just divide the 10g in 2 and let both females just have 10g or get a third and divide the tank in 3 again. Or I will just look for a 2+ gallon for her. I don't want to stress Runa out. thanks for the reply. I do have an up and coming sorority that will be in my sisters room so I am exited for that. Blurp is pretty happy having a 10g to herself right now lol (When i get the other girls she will be taken out, new decor added and everything rearranged and she will get to know the others through cups.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.