Betta Fish Forum banner

A Sorority Contest

8K views 105 replies 21 participants last post by  Meggie6347 
#1 ·
Males aren't the only pretty ones, what about the girls?!
(Note: This contest is not supported by bettafish.com and a mod has granted permission.) ;-)

This contest is for and only for people with sororities. (Sorry) The contest will start today and end on January 20, 2012 EST. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. The 1st winner will get sketches of all of their females. The 2nd and 3rd winners will get sketches but half of their sorority amount. (i.e. If you have 4, choose 2 females.) This is just a rough draft. Yours will be better. ;-) Example: Drawing Fish Sketch Line art Fish

Answer:
. Is your tank all bare and thin, or heavily decorated?
. Post individual pictures of all your females, also mention the alpha.
. How many females do you have in there, any tank mates?

The winner will be judged based on how the tank looks and how healthy and fit the females seem. (Some nipping and a few scale loss are acceptable.) I will need 2 more judges, anyone??
Let all the bettas forever be in your favor... (Is that even how it goes? lol)

See less See more
#3 ·
As soon as I get my water change done and re-tie some of my plants to my driftwood I'll enter! Sounds like a neat contest, definitely interested in seeing everyone's tanks

#4 ·
Sorry about the horrible quality -- I can get better if you would like this is just after a water change

Heres my tank -- Think its between moderate+heavily decorated. IMO

My Girls.
Alpha - Red Cambodian CT

Copper Red HMPK

Blue Marble CT

Black VT

The Wanna-be alpha -- Purple VT

My Blue CT -- Not the best looking ever, but a sweetheart

So there are 6 girls, 3 cories, some ramshorn snails, and a guppy in the breeder net.

#6 ·
Oooh...I shall go take some new pics. :-D
Maybe I will redo the tank tomorrow. I bough some more sand and some gravel. I'm hoping the gravel will keep some of the plants from floating.

#8 ·
More contestants. ^.^
It's better to post your pictures here. It's easier for me and the other members don't have to extra click to see the tanks. ;-)

#9 ·
I figured bumping this thread would be helpful :)

#17 ·
this is mine! :) It really does look much better in person; my lighting is just DREADFUL! :sick:

Okay so the tank: so sorry about the glare! :oops: And please ignore the 2 cups floating at the top...those are just 2 babies that I am trying to save right now and they are being kept warm and clean this way...

And the girls: There are 4, unless you count the other 2 babies that I am trying to rescue..Actually all of the bettas in here are rescues and are all still growing :)

Betta #1: a rescue from such a filthy cup you couldn't see through it...she was very sick but she is thriving now! She is one of the sweetest most docile ones

Betta #2: Also a rescue...She is one of the sweetest, most docile ones along with the red cambodian...she is also the smallest and likes hanging around the cories :)

Betta #3: Rescued as a baby...very sick, very tiny...I raised her and she is now a part of my sorority :)

Betta #4: Also rescued as a baby...she is the biggest one in there so far :)

Aww what the heck...these new rescues are technically part of this tank right now... Bettas #4 and #5...extremely sick, but I am doing the best I can

Answer:
. Is your tank all bare and thin, or heavily decorated?

~Heavily planted

. Post individual pictures of all your females, also mention the alpha.
~No distinct alpaha; they are all still very young...I was having issues between the two that I raised from babies, but I cupped them for a few days and floated them in the tank exactly like I have the 2 new rescue babies now and they all get along fine and dandy now :)

. How many females do you have in there, any tank mates?
~
I have 4 females in there, not including the two in the cups...
~Tank mates include 1 balloon molly that I bred a long time ago, 4 amano shrimp, 5 pygmy cories, and about 5 or 6 assassin snails :)

This thread is great! I'm looking forward to what happens! :-D

Sorry for so many pictures!

#18 ·
Your tank is NICE. :) I love Betta #2! It's okay if there is no alpha, I don't see how that's going to affect the points. lol Your babies are very cute as well, hopefully they're both girls.

Everyone, this thread seems to be going well.. I expect more contestants since sororities are quite entertaining. :p

#19 · (Edited)
Thank you so much! Ya I love the second girl :) I don't know if you can see, but she is still healing up a bit...she is kind of the odd one out in the tank, always swimming with the cories and the Molly :)

So sorry for the bad tank pictures...the lighting in my room is horrible...it makes my tank look so dirty! Haha you can even see my reflection in the second pic because the lighting is so bad haha

#20 ·
Is it okay if I enter a little later once my sorority is set up or did you want only people who already have it up and running? Beautiful drawing and gorgeous tanks everyone!

#21 · (Edited)
I don't know who my alpha is either. No one is more agressive then the other, not even Mr gender confused male. I've been thinking of taking him out but they have been together for a little less then a year and haven;t had any issues with him yet....

#23 ·
Love all of the entries so far! Wish I could enter but my sorority won't be ready until sometime next month. :p

#24 ·
The tank:

It was very heavy that It took a while to get em to stay.

Girls:

Claire was the Alpha

Lynne (red) Ema (blue)

#25 ·
I have a few more pictures. o3o

#26 · (Edited)
Just spent 3 hours redoing this thing...
BEFORE

NOW - same amount of plants, just better organized.

There are 5 girls and one male. 3 of the girls and the guy grew up together and have been together for a little less then a year. He was mislabled as a VT female...PETCO FAIL. Sadly, one of the females, India, was removed 3 weeks ago due to pineconning. She is still alive and seems happy but very badly pineconned and not sure why. Currently she is in a Kritter keeper.

Princess Azula- she was a baby betta from petco.

Opal Essence

India, Ba sing se, apple bloom

apple bloom

Other Inhabitants - 2 clown plecos

#28 ·
Great tanks, everyone! :D The maximum number of points based on your tank design is 10 at the maximum. Everyone's tanks are at least 6! :D Hershey, I like your desired colors! I love Claire, too. Tiki, you happen to have watched Avatar the Last Airbender, right? Best series ever. xD

#29 ·
Thanks!

#30 · (Edited)
Tiki, you happen to have watched Avatar the Last Airbender, right
however did you guess? I never saw it when it was on Nick, but got hooked when netflix recommended it. The sequel with Korra is pretty good too. The movie, not so much.

Tiki birds I own and use the same metal rack as you haha it is grat for fish tanks
It was the only thing I could find that could hold the weight of a 20G. Plus the 10G under it.

I still don't know who the alpha is but I'm gonna go with Ba Sing Se - since he is male. He was so tiny when I got him.
I like how it looks now, much more organized but it looks so empty.

#31 ·
however did you guess? I never saw it when it was on Nick, but got hooked when netflix recommended it. The sequel with Korra is pretty good too. The movie, not so much.
I pretend that the movie doesn't exist. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.