Betta Fish Forum banner

Hanging fish bowls?

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Jayy 
#1 ·
I've seen these fish bowls floating around Ebay and Amazon, and was just wondering your guys' oponions on them. Hanging fish bowl

I think it looks neat, and would be a real space saver, but it would be difficult to heat. Its dimensions are 11(h) x 11(l) x4.5 (w), and I don't know how many gallons that is. It looks just a little cramped for a betta. Maybe better for some smaller fish, like two or three tetras.

What do you guys think?

#2 ·
Ya thats too small for a betta , bettas need at lest 2 gallons or bigger and the tetras need at least 5 gallons because their shoaling fish and yes thats how you spell shoal

#5 ·
They have these horrid things here called ula-loops now that are only 1.5 litres! They look a bit like those, but they're far too small for a betta, and they would be hard to heat and clean.

#14 ·
ya know, it looks alright. same size as my starter tank.

But that hole in the top is sooo risky.. *jump* *splat*
I saw that happen online, actually. The betta jumped out of the hole, but landed in their dog's water bowl underneath. :roll:

#13 ·
My brother got one of the hang on the wall tanks for christmas a couple years ago,meybe longer.(this is wen i had no idea about how to care properly for them) The tank got really dirty real quick. wen i learned a little about bettas i tried a little filter. didnt help at all and it was hard to get it just right so the outflow would flow back into the tank. So i made my brother move the betta to a differnt tank.(cant recall what i moved him to becuz it was a long time ago)

Anyways, in my experience, they are not sutable for bettas or any fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.