Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #2541 
Sabina88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Oh lol, I just remembered I didn't upload any of the pictures I took last night either!

Pierce was flaring at the female frog who was trying to get over the divider to her mate since he was calling for her, it was rather cute (them calling to each other I mean, Pierce is cute too though lol) He stopped just as I took the picture though, but I love his little spiky fins.

Osiris and his grump face. He's got HUGE lips o.O especially compared to Remmy's lips.

Sort of put my 29 back together, I take out Dwarf Water Lettuce by the handfuls to dispose of almost twice a week >.> if anyone wants to buy any, please please please let me know and I'd be happy to ship out asap!

I haven't really done anything with my 20 lately so it just is sort of overgrown at the moment but the fish don't mind :)

Also my water sprite is trying to escape....lol! It's like I have a mini Christmas tree in my room XD

And the new boy, he didn't like the light very much but dealt with it after I gave him food lol. He's finally learned to like my face! hooray! Didn't even take a week But he's been doing well, the cotton in his mouth has gone down very well but the spot on his dorsal, hard to say if it's Columnaris or not but I think I'll try medicating with Furan-2 if KanaPlex doesn't get rid of it all by the end of the treatment. But he's looking good at least!

New fin growth! Then again, that could just be a cyst on the dorsal as well, it has a sort of texture about it that reminds me of a cyst. I love his fins though and his partial dragon scaling

Oh that FACE! How could anyone resist?!

Mr. Fishy is silently judging you lol

Your new boy is absolutely gorgeous! In some ways he kind of reminds me of Tiger in the color department especially with the red. I cant wait to see how he looks all healed up. Does he have a name yet?

Oh and congrats on the fry, good luck with them. I hope they grow well for you
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #2542 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
It looks awesome My favorite painting is at 1:25. Good job
Thank you!! I had to go through it again to see which one that was hah! Yeah, that was fun to paint ^_^ I literally listened to the song I think it was over 346 times that night to get the linear sound of the instruments, I think I really pulled it off on that piece. I realize on the previous ones with the horn in the beginning in red, it didn't exactly follow the length of most of the notes and so it sort of throws off people who don't know as much about music I find, but I think it still comes across as readable
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #2543 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
Your new boy is absolutely gorgeous! In some ways he kind of reminds me of Tiger in the color department especially with the red. I cant wait to see how he looks all healed up. Does he have a name yet?

Oh and congrats on the fry, good luck with them. I hope they grow well for you
Thank you! I do believe he is a cousin of Tiger's, as I said there have been a lot of DT's around coming in with the same or similar coloration to his. No name for this boy yet, I'm thinking though!

And thanks! I hope so too haha
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #2544 
Sabina88

are you sick of the song now haha. I don't personally know music that well or that piece but I think your pieces flowed nicely

How old are your fry now?

You should stick with the big cat theme for Tigers cousins :p I love the blue color on his scales
Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM   #2545 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Absolutely not haha, I actually listened to it on repeat again all day today. I really don't know why but I can listen to that song night and day without ever hating it, it's just so well done but so simple (knowing the music of course since I played it). This piece and October done by Eric Whitacre, I absolutely love both of them.

Fry are half a week old now I think...wait...maybe almost a week? I think they hatched Thursday morning last week lol so yeah, almost a week! I think....I'll look back later.

I'll think about that! I semi want to stick with the M*A*S*H theme but there aren't too many that I'd like to name my fish after, Trapper is fine, Mulcahy is the one I'm debating or Francis (same guy). Mulcahy is pronounced Mul-kay-he. It's cute and sort of quaint like he is lol but Francis fits too sort of. I'll think about the big cat thing too, Jaguar, Cheetah or Leopard may work since he's "spotted" lol.

Oh and Silhouette died today :-/ I guess the stress of breeding was too much for her Isis has been hiding all day and I realize this could mean something is also wrong with my tank yet Pierce seems utterly uneffected by this and I hope he stays that way. Osiris is being grumpy but I also believe that is from breeding, he's going back to Luci tonight after our meeting.

Most of my pencilfish have died as well along with some of the guppies but the majority of the fish have been fine otherwise :-/ Idk, it could be coincidence or it could be something worse :-/ I just hope for coincidence.
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #2546 
Sabina88

oh no! im so sorry to hear that :(
I hope nothing else goes wrong with your fish any more, you've had a hard time with that lately. On the upside you get to keep a small part of Silhouette in her fry, and you gave her lots of room to swim and warm clean water. Im sure she was gratefull to you for giving her a chance and allowing her to grow up in a good environment.
Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #2547 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Not the pencils. :( Might just be a run of bad luck. .
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #2548 
Fenghuang

My condolescences about Silhouette and the pencilfish. That is really sad to hear. Hopefully it is all just sucky coincidence.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #2549 
BettaLover1313

I hope it's all a coincidence, very sad to hear about Silhouette.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #2550 
MameJenny

Sorry to hear about your fishes. You've lost so many bettas lately.

I love the new DT boy. He looks exactly like Granite, just with a lot more red. Granite never did get red on his tail or body, but his blue has gone more greenish lately.
MameJenny is offline   Reply With Quote