Betta Fish Forum banner

Major picture dump.. all the fishies!

752 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jayy 
#1 ·
I spent most of the afternoon setting up my new 10 gallon and changing some tanks (I'll be doing the rest tomorrow). So of course I took lots of pictures. I'll be adding more tomorrow when I clean the last 4 tanks.

First off pics of my latest project. Its a 10 gallon divided 3 ways which is approximately 3.33 gallons per betta. So far all the plants are (safe) plastic until I can afford more live plants. I also need a light and filter for this tank which I'll get by and by.

I DIYed the dividers and glued them in. I also used the plastic mesh to fashion a top that insures no fish will jump over the divider or out of the tank.

Here is one of the sections of the top. I cut the binder to size and used the extra to fashion a pull tab.

The full top.. (I ran out of the clear mesh and had to use some white)

Tank with just the gravel (I don't have enough but it will do for now).

Getting acclimated, from the left we have no-name, Rio, and Sid Vicious, eventually I'll be putting a female in the middle and moving Rio to another tank.

Final product:

Left side: No-name (I'm torn between Merric and Neptune)

Middle: Rio

Right: Sid Vicious

Bored yet? LOL.. there's lots more! Coming next.. fishies!

See less See more
#3 ·
Fish!

I tried to get pictures of everyone but of course I fell short so I'll get the rest of the crew tomorrow.

Up first.. Rio. I really like that name for him. I should have called him Pax however because he is so peaceful.. I can't get him to flare for anything! Thats why I put him in the center.. I figured he would be least stressed.

Now Sid Vicious.. my purple punk rock betta LOL. He is so gorgeous.. I can't wait to see what kinds of babies he and Nancy make.

I thought this was super cute!

Not flaring

Now Merric.. or Neptune.. he hasn't told me what his name is yet ;-) I'm hoping his fins will heal. If not thats fine.. I actually don't mind it very much. I'm watching to see if he is a tail biter or if he damaged it some other way.

The cute white spot on top of his head (Eros has one like this too)

Jasper... I don't talk about this guy much but I love getting pictures of him. He's a real flare monster.

I really like this pic.. "Mirror Mirror floating by.. gosh I am a pretty guy!!" LOL

Spots.. His tail FINALLY shows signs of healing. I'm thinking of putting him up for adoption as is so if your interested shoot me a PM.

He really liked the floaty ball thing.. much more than the mirror. He wouldn't stop staring at it!

Big Red. His fins are healing well and he is parasite free. Given clean water and heat he should continue to heal.

Shy Guy's got some personality!

Whew! Thats all for tonight but I'll be putting up pics of the rest tomorrow I promise! (good excuse not to study LOL)

#6 ·
They are all spectacular!!!! :D

I love Rio.. Jasper is beautiful too! If you ever don't want him... well, you have my address. LOL!

Great idea with the lids... I would do something like that except I use HOB filters on my divided tanks.

#7 ·
Thanks DH.. but you'll need ninja assassins to get these fish away from me. I'm actually thinking of breeding Jasper too eventually. I have a sib (Phoebe) but I'm not sure if I like that color enough to spawn them.

You can still do the lids.. just cut a section out to allow the filter to go through. I did it for my heater cord and I'll probably do it for the filter (If I don't get a full hood by then).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.