Betta Fish Forum banner

New Fish!

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Pixierella 
#1 ·
So last week I won a fish over on Aquabid (my first aquabid purchase). He was supposed to be here on the 6th, but I just got an email from my trans-shipper(Jennifer Viveiros, who is amazing!!) saying I wont get him til the 14th because there was no room left on the flight from Thailand for this week (she says this happens alot). :( Oh well, one more week to wait isn't so bad, right? Anyway, here he is:

See less See more
#3 ·
Eek!!! Want to send him to me instead? Haha jk!! lol He sure is amazing though!

#6 ·
OMG!! He is a stunner. I LOVE him. Great looking betta.

#10 ·
NP! I paid $36 for express shipping (Live Arrival Guarantee) and then about $5 shipping (in Thailand) + cost of fish :) Grand total around $61..which really isn't terrible considering what the trans-shipper has to actually go through to get the fish (going to airport, waiting, gas money ect) and I am guaranteed a live fish, or I get a replacement for free..and the fish is really good quality, not like pet store ones ^^

#11 ·
I hear ya about pet store ones - although my first betta years ago was a pet store betta that lasted about 1 1/2 years. He probably would have lived longer had I known about weekly water changes!! :(

I now get all my bettas from breeders. I'm more comfortable with doing it that way.

$61.00 for a singe betta is a tad rich for my blood, but more power to ya!!! Hope he arrives safe and sound and has a nice long life!

#12 ·
XD Oh I know it's expensive and I would never *usually* spend that much money ever on a fish, but the last few weeks I picked up a ton of over-time and I've been really working hard... and I've really really wanted a fish off aquabid for some time.I have all my bills paid off for the month, so I figured why not? :D

#20 ·
It's actually really easy. Before I even bidded on the fish, I emailed one of the trans-shippers on the list just to ask what the process is because I didn't really understand it. I wasn't expecting an email back for a bit, but I had an e-mail back within 10 minutes! Anyway so you bid on a fish and win. You get an e-mail saying you won, then gives you the e-mail of the person who owns the fish, so you e-mail them and tell them what trans-shipper you want to use. The person then e-mails you back, gives you the total, then you pay him on paypal. Next, if you want to prepay the shipping of the fish to your house (gives you an early ship date) e-mail the trans-shipper and give them a heads up how many fish they have coming for you, and they will send you back a total and voila! your done! The fish is shipped the the transhipper, then the transhipper gets it to you :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.