Betta Fish Forum banner

New Adopted Boy, Loki

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Goomba3 
#1 ·
A few weeks ago I adopted Loki, a crowntail, from appledust, another member on this forum. He arrived safely and settled in very quickly. It was my first shipped betta, so I was extremely nervous. But so far he hasn't had any troubles. He even follows my finger on the glass of the tank and when I was cleaning his tank one time he "kissed" my finger. First time that's happened to me! I have yet to see him flare, so I don't know if he is HM or DT. Your opinions would be appreciated! Now, pictures!

This one cracks me up. I put a leaf hammock in his tank, and he immediately went over to investigate. But instead of resting on it, he hovered under it and looked up. I title it "Betta leaf hammock: you're doing it wrong!"

See less See more
#5 ·
Awwwww! He's so pretty!!

He looks like a HM to me. My favorite type!

#6 ·
@Pew: He was just looking like "Iz dis rite??"

@Emmaela: Thank you! I laughed so hard when he was under the hammock. He's a goofball.

@vilmarisv: Appledust said he was a crowntail HM, but I've never ever seen him flare, so I can't tell if he's either, haha. What's the difference between crowntail and ray reduction??

@iheartmybettas: Thank you! He certainly has the most personality out of all of my boys. I am so glad I adopted him.

#8 ·
lovely boy! That last pic is so funny. :p

#9 ·
Appledust, you are correct, combtail is what you speculated! I forgot which one it was. I'm glad you like this thread, he is a very happy boy and I love him!

Thank you, Jupiter! He was so cute when he did that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.