Betta Fish Forum banner

water hardness?

869 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Hallyx 
#1 ·
can someone please explain to me water hardness and what is good and not good for my bettas... i do not have a kit i will buy one if you guys say its needed...
cause i posted a thread about my betta having ragged looking fins and someone answered that it might be the hardness of the water...what does that mean?
thank you:p

#3 ·
Water hardness has to do with the amount of minerals in the water .... like magnesium and calcium and a few others.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with your fish's fins being ragged. He's either tearing them on something in the tank, or he's nipping them himself. Do you have pictures.

#8 ·
he probably is nipping his fins ...i will buy an exercise mirrior and occupy him more so he doesnt get bored cause i dont think hes stressed at all hes very active and eats like a pig the only thing that might stress him is his filter he attacks it alot but its like the softest filter in the world it doesnt even move the water

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.