Betta Fish Forum banner

'King Betta'?!?!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
Noticed when I was at the LFS that they had what they called 'king bettas' HAs anyone heard of this they were rather short finned compared to a VT. Really pretty color of blue and big.

#2 ·
they are called king betta because of their large size and they are short finned because they are plakats. these bettas are kinda rare so if i were you i would buy it before anyone else gets their eyes on it:) but if you cant its okay:). also VT's are very longfinned and thats why they are called VT's do you know about all the tail types and colors?

#3 ·
Kings are half-giant bettas. Most pet stores only carry them in PK tail types but its possible to get a giant in any tail type, you just have to find someone that breeds them.

I will caution against getting a king. A king betta grows to at least 2.5 inches in body length and thus will need a larger tank than a regular betta. The smallest tank I've seen recommended for Kings is 5 gallons, preferably 10 gallons.

Kings (and giants) also must be fed ONLY live or frozen foods because they are extremely prone to digestion issues especially after their first year of life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.