Betta Fish Forum banner

First time owner--color change?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lion Mom 
#1 ·
I purchased my first betta, Mojo, about a month and a half ago. He is a beautiful white and blue/turquoise/maroon marble half-moon. When I first got him, his fins were all white. I've noticed recently that his fins are showing some dark blue, and his body is becoming more blue as well. I was wondering if this is normal, given the fact that I rescued him from a tiny Petco bowl, or if this may be a sign of disease or distress. He eats well, and is in his own 2 1/2 gal tank. I would appreciate any insight!

PS- I am unable to post pictures as this is via my phone, but photos can be provided if you e-mail me at Irish_whiskey_eyes_27@yahoo.com

#2 ·
I purchased my first betta, Mojo, about a month and a half ago. He is a beautiful white and blue/turquoise/maroon marble half-moon. When I first got him, his fins were all white. I've noticed recently that his fins are showing some dark blue, and his body is becoming more blue as well. I was wondering if this is normal, given the fact that I rescued him from a tiny Petco bowl, or if this may be a sign of disease or distress. He eats well, and is in his own 2 1/2 gal tank. I would appreciate any insight!

PS- I am unable to post pictures as this is via my phone, but photos can be provided if you e-mail me at Irish_whiskey_eyes_27@yahoo.com
As long as his fins aren't shrinking or anything it is most likely normal..Marbled bettas change a bit usually.My one fish Panda doesn't even look like the same fish anymore...He changed colors quite a bit!He was almost completely white..now he is almost all black.

#3 ·
Fish Marine biology Fish Organism Feeder fish

Same fish!! @___@ He changed drastically over a few weeks, its nuts!

Even his eyes changed-- bright blue and almost white to black (both) and now blue again. Whhatt!

Bettas with a marble gene change over time usually.

Stress can cause a color change, too, to very pale and dull- which is not the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.