Betta Fish Forum banner

Help on my sorority

509 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  laughing 
#1 ·
I have 1 female right now, trying to acquire more. My question is, I'll have the tank set up within 1-2 weeks most likely but I don't know if I'll even have 2 females at that point.

Should I add in my one girl once her quaranteen is up and the tank is ready, or will it cause her to become territorial? Or even stress her out? (It's 20 gallons.) Or should I leave her in her 1 gallon bowl?

Also, what's a good number of females to have to introduce in together. Because I know just adding 2 could be potentially fatal. So what's a "safe" number?

Thank you!​

#2 ·
I would say minimum of 6 but I would do 10-12. I try to add mine all at once. I would just leave her in the 1 gallon for now.

#3 ·
Well I have like 7 vases that would house them happily. They have to be .75 gallons at least. They have very large, rounded bottons then the opening gets to be about baseball size then opens at the top again. So they can easily get air from it and I could put some rock and a plant in there.

It's only temporary, they'd be fine, right?

And I want to do about 9-11 females and some nerite snails. I'm going to do a complete planted tank so I can't wait for some nerites!:) I just want to make sure I add enough at one time so they don't completely freak out and attack each other!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.