Betta Fish Forum banner

I don't know whats wrong!

488 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  LolaQuigs 
#1 ·
I have had my crowntail male sense yesterday. I put him into a bowl yesterday to get him out of the tiny one he came in and I switched him into an aquarium today. He's in a divided tank now and all the other bettas are fine but he will go to the bottom and just sit here not waving any fins and he will go to the top and do the same thing. The temp is 74 degrees F. Hes eating so thats good. I just don't know if he is stressed or what.
Helppp!

#2 ·
He might be sick. I don't want to scare you but he may be too shocked to take it much longer. My betta's both did this before passing away within a day of each other. He is new is he not? You transfered him twice did you acclimate him at all?

Seriously I don't want to frighten you but I want to help.

#4 ·
Do you have a heater? It would be best if you could get that temperature up a couple degrees, bettas can be lethargic if they get too cold.

Did you gradually aclimate him to the temperature and new water each time you put him in another tank? If not, he could be stressed.

He also could just be getting him used to his new environment. I would say increase the temperature, don't move him around anymore&try to keep him from stressing, and just keep an eye on him--watch for any signs of illness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.