Betta Fish Forum banner

Is this a fungal infection? HELP! Pics included.

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  nouvelle1972 
#1 ·
I just noticed this white spot on Azazel when I checked on here. She is swimming fine, very active, and eating well. I was wondering if this is a fungal infection? I've already quarantined her (she is in a split 10 gallon) and I'm using aquarium salt and JFE.
If it is a fungal infection (which I don't know how it happened) then I'm going to have to quarantine Scarlett (her tankmate) and treat her as well (she doesn't have anything...yet).
Any help would be great! The spot is in the red circle, I have multiple shots.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
very pretty fishy =D

#5 ·
my 200th message

THIS IS MY 200TH MESSAGE YAY
:-D :-D

CELABRATION :BIGsurprise: YAY:cheers::redyay:

#7 ·
nice fish! separating her was a good ida.
try watching her for a week if it gets bigger or changes in any way it might be an infection.
if it dosent then it was pobaly just a color change
also watch the boy fish

#9 ·
sorry felt like celebrating =(

#11 ·
It does look a lot like a fungus. JFE and salt should be perfect. For scarlet maybe just a few days of JFE to be on the safe side, the salt should not be necessary if she is not showing any signs of infection. Next time your fish come up for air, try and look in their mouth. I noticed that while my one fish had a bacteria the most serious infection was inside his mouth... impossible to see while he was just swimming.

Sorry that the others found it necesary to hijack your topic.

#13 ·
Okay, so I just noticed some white fuzzy looking stuff growing from my betta's right gill! It's only been there since yesterday but seems to have doubled in size. I just moved him from a 2.5gl to a filtered, heated 5gl and am worried about stressing him and doing a 100% change to clean the water. I don't think Melafix is the cure, but not sure. Help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.