Betta Fish Forum banner

Spawn LOGS

4K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  Mo 
#1 ·
Seeing that I have 3 males tending to nests full of fry or eggs and a spawn growing out I thought ai should make one thread instead of multiple

SPAWN 1
Multi Blue HM male x green HM female. Male is sibling of a BOS fish

SPAWN 2

MG female HM x Blue Metallic HM male

SPAWN 3

Red HM female x Red HM male. Female is sibling to a BOS fish. That pic is oober old and that doesn't show her spread or finnagge well

SPAWN 4

Red HM female x Blue Multi male. Both are siblings of BOS fish, and like the above. Pic is oober old and that doesn't show her spread or finnagge well
Spawn is 1.5 mo old

See less See more
#6 ·
Daddy from spawn 3 isn't such a good daddy.. Lol. But daddy from spawn two is good so I took a risk and put the eggs from spawn 3 in spawns 2 nest since they were laid within hours of eachother. And it looks like so far, so good, the eggs are hatching.

SPAWN 5
I also got another pair to spawn today. Green HM coming from lines that throw pink x grey/white HM female. They are spawning as I speak

FATHER

MOTHER
No pics :(

#8 ·
#13 ·
I feel like I'm freezing at 65 degrees here... I would DIE in Canada, lol..

Seems like I only have about 25 eggs from the green x white spawn. Both are first timers so it doesn't suprise me. I only have about 25 fry aswell from the first spawn. The mother was a first timer so it wouldn't suprise me if there were issues with wrapping. But otherwise I got about 50 from the red spawn and probably about 200 from the blue x MG spawn

#15 ·
I can't believe how many fry I got from the MG female. The first time I bred her she easily layed 300 eggs but I accidentally let the heater off and the eggs never hatched becuase if how cold the water got. But I finally got her to breed again, lol. Also I almost had a pair spawn behind my back. I was conditioning a pair in a divided tank and the female jumped the divider somehow, when I got home she was barred up and the male had a huge nest. I wouldn't be suprised if I had left them in there just a day they would have bred, this is the male That I just took out like 2-3 days ago so I would have let them stay in the tank but I think he tired enough (obviously he doesn't think that!) lol

Here's the sneaky pair that tried to spawn, lol

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
In it is an MG. I don't know who told you this but it's an MG , also are you the breeder of the MG? No. So don't say what they're feel because you aren't them

ALSO . I read up on the history of a TRUE mustard gas earlier after seeing your comment and YES this is an MG. I take offense to you coming to MY thread and telling ME what to do.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
I saw that in my Research. In my Opinion her website is the best betta resource on the internet. She Is one of the most experienced betta owners who has ever lived IMO... I totally trust her information and opinion. My fish had essentially the same colors in real life. the body was just a slight bit darker blue

And about the questions. when it started to get cold I used the space heater even more. It broke one day and exposed my 500+ fry to 68 degree temperatures. they all perished sadly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.