Betta Fish Forum banner

Maybe I'm losing it.

560 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MiyuMikaelson 
#1 ·
I preface what I'm about to say with the fact that I edited the attached image so you could see better... My Betta "Combat Chuck" isn't really that color.

I was checking on Combat Chuck this morning and noticed this nasty slime stuff coming from around his gills and around some of his fins. I didn't think much of it as he was no less active than normal. When I checked on him later he was building a bubble nest (ain't no ladies in his future!) I digress.

I am about to transfer him from his small bowl to a ten gallon tank (thinking about getting some ADFs) when I put my new thermometer into the bowl with the cheap thermometer. What I thought was 80 degrees turned out to be 88 degrees. This confuses me because he has always sat against my heater.

I guess I'm spitting out a lot of information. What I read on the forum stretched from "I posted this a few hours ago... And my fish is dead" to "it's no big deal"

Any info/suggestions would rock!

Thanks,

P.S. that's abloom worm above him

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you sure it's slime/shedding? It kind of looks like new fin growth?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.