Betta Fish Forum banner

The quest for the perfect betta!

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Herbicide 
#1 ·
Well, they're all perfect of course. But my boyfriend's mom's birthday is in June and she has hinted to him that she wants a betta! My boyfriend said she told him she wanted "One of the beautiful ones, like Dana finds." Dana being me of course. I was so flattered. He's buying her a 2 gallon tank with a filter, a light and a heater, and of course, I get to find her the betta. :) As much as I love giving the unwanted ones a good home, this one is going to have to be spectacular, so I will begin looking tomorrow. I will keep everybody updated on the haps. :D I'm so excited to go betta shopping for somebody other than myself!

#2 ·
I can't wait to see updates! I love shopping for bettas too! I used to get the prettiest ones I could find but I just didn't feel the connection while taking care of them :/ The simple-colored "cute" ones are the right ones for me :)

Upload pictures too! :D

#4 ·
I feel that way too, except I used to buy sick ones. Now I just buy healthy ones because I figure if they stay in the store, they're going to be sick ones. But for my "mother-in-law," I want to buy a special one that is very healthy, since I don't want her to have to run to the store and buy meds all the time. And I don't want it to die on her. Lol.
So yeah, I'm going to the store today to begin my search, I'll take pics if I see anything really cool.
:)

#5 · (Edited)
So I went to petco today, saw some pretty fishies in sad containers. Not really sure if any of them are the right ones for her but I found one I really really want:

And here's one of his cute little face from the front:

Anyway, I saw a couple that might be pretty for her:

#8 ·
I know, I think I'm going to go buy that hmpk tomorrow.
By the way, those yellow/white one's aren't VTs, they're deltas. It's hard to see in the pic :)

#11 ·
He's labeled as a hmpk. I'm going this morning to buy him, because my boyfriend was like "Can he be my betta?" But guess who is going to be taking care of him :p That's ok though. I think he'll still be there because I think he's already been there a while. Not sure though.

We've already named him Iroh after General Iroh, "the dragon of the west" from Avatar the Last Airbender :p
Cause we're dorks like that :p But I mean, it's a great show. I already got 3 people hooked on it, including my bf.

#12 ·
Yay! We got him!
He's floating in my divided 5g, and I'll post more pics once he's in :D

#15 ·
I'll post pics here and on the betta pics forum :)
Oh, and I told the guy at petco that they needed to take better care of their bettas. He said they get a lot of complaints about that (why am I not surprised?) and that they had fish people. I said, "well, they suck." and he said he'd pass that along. Lmao. He said that the employees try to do stuff, but it all comes down to the people at corporate who aren't willing to give the money to take better care of them. I was like "then they shouldn't stock them," and he was like "I know." Probably won't help, especially since I actually bought one. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.