Betta Fish Forum banner

What is (s)he?

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  aemaki09 
#1 ·
I cant decide what tail and gender my little baby is. To me, it looks possibly like a VT female (although I personally think the tail is too round and the anal isnt sloped enough)
But, I have doubts its female because (s)he flares at absolutely EVERYTHING. Females, males, me, my camera, the light! everything....

When I bought it I thought that it'd be a CT. Had rays extended past the webbing in the fins, but now they are gone.

Basically, the only thing I know about this baby is its a blue marble. When I found her/him (s)he was green marbled, and now its blue masked, but that's fine, I'm interested to see how it goes.

Anyways, I tried to get the best picture I could, but you know babies, they cant keep still. My camera focusing really slow doesnt help much either.

Please take a look and let me know what you think

See less See more
#2 ·
PK marble female.

#3 ·
Looks like a girl to me too! Her tail is the same shape as my female VT.How old is she?

PS. You have the exact same plants and thermometer as I do!

#4 ·
I'm guessing "she" is about 8-9 weeks, only about 3/4" long.

Did you get the plants at Walmart? Lol usually I have live plants in my tanks but that's just temporary for "her", I'm sending out like half of my bettas next week so "she'll" have her own 2.5 to use

Also, I have 3 other female VT's and all their anals and caudals have greater slopes to them than this one which is why I'm still debating.

#6 ·
Ooh! I got these from Walmart a couple years ago if I remember right.

#7 ·
Anna I think that's a girl and she's more aggressive. Where'd you get her ;3 She's pretty.

#10 ·
(S)he is blowing a bubble nest now lol

#12 ·
Female defienetly

#13 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking female too, she just acts so much like a male!

#15 ·
You all should know bettas they all have there own individual personalitys unlike most fish haha

#17 ·
Oh no I definitely know that!! But this is the first one that I've had so young and has been acting completely male although it looks completely female.

Now if only we could narrow down her tail type. I'd love her to be anything besides VT, but if she turns out to be VT that's fine too, definitely has enough of a personality to make up for the tail type

#18 ·
she's a female standard-tail plakat.

#20 ·
i'm pretty sure "he" is a female veiltail, unless he's very young.

#25 ·
So, she's definitely female. Acting fine in my sorority tank and can finally see an egg spot.

Now for tail type. She flares out too big IMO to be VT, I'm leaning towards DeT for the moment.

#28 ·
I'll update pics tonight. She has marbled A LOT since I posted this thread

#29 ·
Impossible to get her to stay still, so these are the best I could get

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.