Betta Fish Forum banner

Male Veiltail with 4 Rays??

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  FlareThis 
#1 ·
Can I even call him a veiltail? I always thought veils couldn't have more then 2 rays. I got this guy to be the foundation for my veiltail show line, and he has 4 rays! Not sure what to think :-D

I don't know if you can see the 4 ray branching in the pics, but I swear its there

Meet Oliver

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know what the standards are, but he's quite pretty. :) He does look like he has more rays than the typical veiltail.

#3 ·
Thank you! He is a pretty boy isn't he?? On the IBC yahoo group they were talking about veiltails getting back into the shows, and were saying that if a couple people really started working with them it would be more likely to happen! So that inspired me to start working with them! On IBC member suggested crossing a VT with a DT to try and broaden the fins a bit, and strengthen the rays so they long tails can be carried easier. So Im on the lookout for a nice DT girl for him!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.